Trailer Suggestions

rjstaaf

• Member Contributer

As the subject says I need some recommendations for a lightweight but stable and safe trailer that I can tow behind the Mustang. I am looking for just a single bike hauler. I won't be hauling anything heavier than the VFR. I have been looking at Kendon trailers but they are just a bit tooo rich for my blood. On the opposite end I have been looking at ultra light, bare bones trailers but I am not sure how stable and safe they are to tow.

With the Mustang I am limited to Class I trailer hitch which means a max 200lb tongue weight and 2000lb gross trailer weight.

I would rather stay as far under those max limits as possible.

The Kendon single rail trailer weighs in at 300lbs which would be awesome if it weren't for the 2K price tag sad.gif

http://www.kendonusa.com/single_trailer.htm

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

• Member Contributer

I looked at one of the Kendon's like the one you have a link to when I was in SD a couple of weeks ago. I was impressed. Well made and well thought out. But I, too, need something that won't deplete my treasure quite so much. Hope someone here has the answer.

• Member Contributer

I have the second generation Kendon..............which I use for my Wing, VFR and KLR.

Note I almost got a single rail but I opted for a double rail trailer instead..................mostly so I can support my buddies who support me etc. Really glad I did this as there is not much price difference and two rails give you lot more options.

Best part of the Kendon is that most of the time it "stands" up in garage out of the way.

2312694080099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

It takes a lot of abuse. The trailer gives me more options to bring the SO along without drama.

2269878910099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

Trip to Borrego taking a buddies bike............just did the same thing for my tour of BC Canada. Saved a lot of VFR tire $$$ plus about two or three days of MC travel time.

2105978500099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

• Member Contributer

I have a Stinger (www.stinger.ca). It is a folding trailer that (in my version anyway) holds one bike. It has a Condor front chock.

I have used it for countless trips and never had a problem with it.

John

• Member Contributer

The larger wheel HF trailer with Baxley sport chock worked well for me:

gallery_2925_490_324790.jpg

100_1317.JPG hf trailer/baxley sport chock

Tight, but others have posted pic of the rig holding two bikes:

gallery_2925_490_67396.jpg

trailer2bikes.jpg

Archived