Leo Vince Install Question 6th Gen

Guest rosshh

Guest rosshh

As the instructions pretty much just state "fit pipes on bike and start" I am a little unsure where the mid pipe bracket bolts to the bike. It appears as if it is supposed to sandwhich between the passenger peg bracket (rear hole) and the frame but this seems a little odd. Is this the correct placement and if not where does this bracket attach? Thanks for the help!

Thats what I was thinking also however they do not include a longer bolt (also looked on the parts list and this bolt does not exist).

My Staintune midpipe bolts to the passenger footpeg with a longer-than-stock bolt. Probably the same setup w/ the Leo Vince?

• Member Contributer

gallery_611_2314_56639.jpg

IMG_0260.jpg

I never installed it on mine and that's been nearly 3 years ago. The pipes are very secure with only the muffler and lower mid-pipe clamps used. Use anti-seize at all connections but don't install the springs (which can be a bee-otch to attach due to strength and limited working room) until you get everything lined up with way you want, then bolt it down, and attach the springs last. Don't forget about checking license plate clearance if you are running an aftermarket type. You probably won't get it "right" the first time.

HTH

Hello, When I mounted mine I took the little [ l ] shaped bracket and mounted it to the footpeg tab, I also have my footpegs removed , so it seem to be the place it fit best?? Leave it all loose till you get those muffler brackets mounted and fitted in the position you want them to sit, look at the mufflers from the back make sure that both look like there in the same spot then tighten it all up? :biggrin:

I had the exact same problem when putting mine on.

Make sure all fitting are loose before you begin.

I put that 90 degree 'L' bracket on the outside of the passenger peg mount, which may be an issue when the rear pegs are mounted (I never have them on).

You must twist and move all the pipes just right for the bolt holes to line up on the mid pipe. Tighten the bolts for the 'L' bracket before anything else and the rest will pull the system together when tightened.

Once they are though, that little 'L' bracket keeps the whole system aligned. I didn't install that 'L' bracket at first because I couldn't figure it out, and the pipes held just fine, but the cans were a little out of whack, which drove me crazy to look at. Finally a buddy came over and helped me loosen up and wrench on it until everything aligned.

Hope that helps!

I never put the "L" bracket on and never have had an issue with the pipes loosening either.

The rear pegs are put on only when I install the hard bags.

Have fun with those springs for the pipes. If you have a larger spring tool use that, you

will have more leverage with a larger and longer spring tool.

The one supplied can be a little tricky for the springs in the back. smile.gif

You will LOVE these pipes!!!

Thanks for all the help. I will just leave the bracket off as I do use the passenger pegs. The next hurdle is getting the cans to alight as it is a tight fit with the fender eliminator. I cannot wait to here how it sounds!

I had to do some minor shaving of my license plate with my Competition Werks fender eliminator to make it fit.

They sound awesome, you'll love them!

Archived