5'th Gen. 1999 Tps Anyone Know If A Replacement Is Possible?

WackenSS

After picking up one seriously hurt vfr 800 1998 (went under a big ass truck), i started tearing it down. The frame is ripped in several pieces, and one of them cracked the tps (throttle position sensor) pretty bad. I know that this part is not available as a sparepart without buying the whole throttle assy'. But as with alot of other things in the electrical world, if you know the right people, or find the ones who do, it can be pretty amazing what can be done... Any one know a company who makes a replacement? Someone who has the specs, or the ohm values of one in good shape?

Yes, i have been browsing eBay smile.gif

Kenneth

• Member Contributer
After picking up one seriously hurt vfr 800 1998 (went under a big ass truck), i started tearing it down. The frame is ripped in several pieces, and one of them cracked the tps (throttle position sensor) pretty bad. I know that this part is not available as a sparepart without buying the whole throttle assy'. But as with alot of other things in the electrical world, if you know the right people, or find the ones who do, it can be pretty amazing what can be done... Any one know a company who makes a replacement? Someone who has the specs, or the ohm values of one in good shape?

Kenneth

Yeah, we're putting the cover sheets on the Throttle Position Sensor reports now, did you get the memo?

Oh wait, that's not right... :biggrin:

• 5 months later...

Kenneth

i hve a few new tps sensors that i got for my vfr800fi 1998 dont know if they fit any other modle.

• Member Contributer

I recently picked up a set of FiW-X throttle bodies on ePay for UKP35, just to have an extra set of injectors to have cleaned. The throttle bodies are still sitting under my desk at work... You can have the TPS if it is on there--but you'll have to tell me which part it is--I'm a carb guy!

Ciao,

Archived