Arai Brings Back The Spencer Replica

VFRedleg

• Member Contributer

http://hellforleathermagazine.com/2009/03/...ie-spencer.html

"Arai Japan is adding two Freddie Spencer replicas to its new range-topping helmet. Called the Arai RX-7 RR5 in Japan, Arai RX-7 GP in Europe and confusingly the Arai Corsair V in the US (we think they're just screwing with us), the helmet is an update of the popular RR4 Corsair, adding a wider visor aperture and a natty little adjustable wing. The Spencer rep comes just in time, adding a much-needed touch of class to a range overflowing with tasteless contemporary replicas full of flames and tribal graphics. "

arai-spencer-rep.jpg

"There's no word on whether or not it'll come to the US market yet, but in Japan, where they get all the cool stuff, there'll be two versions available. This traditional red on top example, or the Rothman's replica below. We'd wear one. "

arai-spencer-Rothmans.jpg

• Member Contributer

dang it...& I just bought a solid white one.............. :fing02:

Guest vfrrider

Do you have any idea what I had to go through to get a Arai Rothmans. I had to get it from Austraila and that was lucky, so now they'll make them in Japan.

Just my luck.

Larry

VFRrider

Both nice helmets but I wonder why they are being released now.

Do you think with all his problems Freddie needs the money?? :fing02:

Both nice helmets but I wonder why they are being released now.

Do you think with all his problems Freddie needs the money?? :fing02:

I was thinking the same thing. Granted the name has clout but a non-racing legend can't demand that much of cut these days. His branded riding schools should have taken him the rest of the way comfortably. Better racer that businessman?

The grafics are a Clean retro design!

• Member Contributer

Brings back fine memories of my first Arai Signet helmet. Long since retired un-damage just like the name sake. :fing02:

Perfect compliment to my old 86 VFR RWB 700

• Member Contributer

Yep, they are surprisingly hard to find here in the US. I wore one during the race season last year:

_igp2239_small.jpg

until I trashed it in a crash. I just got one of the new Pedrosa models:

arai_pedrosa.jpg

not because I like Pedrosa particularly but it looked the cleanest of the new Corsairs. I'll probably use it for racing and get another Spencer Rothman's model for the street. As of last week, my source couldn't get one for the US market. The one I had before I got in Japan.

Dirk

• Member Contributer

Oh, and I meant to add that the "red" on the Pedrosa model has an orange hue to it. But the blue goes very nicely with the blue on the '07 RWB.

Dirk

Archived