Light Smoked Or Dark Smoked That Is The Question

NorthernVFRDave

Question

• Member Contributer

Ok so I'm working a crap load of OT at work right now, so that means its time for something new to me :biggrin:

Anyways thinking of adding a Zero Gravity DB windscreen but not sure if I want the light smoked or dark smoked.

My VFR is an 07 in dark candy red

Suggestions??? Pictures too if you have them. I think I'm leaning towards the dark one, as you dont need to see out a VFR windscreen anyways right?

IMHO light and dark smoke look very similar. If you do a track day or more a year go light, plus if you have a tinted visor... go light. Puigs are thicker than the ZG, and lets face it saving a few ounces on a VFR isn't going to make her skinny again.

• Member Contributer
gallery_9871_2814_65980.jpg

drumride08 022.jpg

This is a Dark Smoke ZG and with the red it just fits the bike right I think.

Your avatar, just hosed you. Ready for another paint job? Got the dank, idea.

Sorry to hijack,....

DARK, all the way!!!

It's late I'm tired... WHAT! I don't get it.

The general idea.

modded.jpg

drumride08 022.jpg

Your avatar, just hosed you. Ready for another paint job? Got the dank, idea.

Sorry to hijack,....

DARK, all the way!!!

It's late I'm tired... WHAT! I don't get it.

The general idea.

modded.jpg

Ya i get now that i'm awake. Very cool idea. It is at the moment in pieces getting a face lift. I am airbrushing a lot of new things on it and making the webs longer etc. So in the spring the new and improved VFRSPIDER will be unveild.

drumride08 022.jpg

Dude......there's a cobweb on your bike.

I've got the dark, way hotter. I'm 5'10" and rarely look through the screen(might be because of my gut though).

• Member Contributer

I have the Puig and took it off because i didn't like the fit and quality.Have never had a problem with ZG screens so this is my first and last Puig.If you decide on the dark, one complaint i have about the Puig would be a non issue.I cant really see through it because its literally like looking through water it has waves in it.None of my ZG have had this problem.

Have any other Puig owners noticed poor fit and the waves?I didn't get this one from an outlet so it shouldn't be a blem.gallery_15942_4356_402193.jpg

VFR800 010.jpg

I have the Puig and took it off because i didn't like the fit and quality.Have never had a problem with ZG screens so this is my first and last Puig.If you decide on the dark, one complaint i have about the Puig would be a non issue.I cant really see through it because its literally like looking through water it has waves in it.None of my ZG have had this problem.

Have any other Puig owners noticed poor fit and the waves?I didn't get this one from an outlet so it shouldn't be a blem

I haven't noticed any waves or distortions, but the fitting did take a little work. The front of the new screen seemed too narrow to fit into the mounting points on the bike... It took some gentle pressure and patience, but it installed fine and I never felt like I was stressing the plastic near cracking.

I have another Puig race screen on the way for my wife's Kawasaki, so I'll reserve final judgement until I install that one also.

Archived