1st Gen Cbrf2 Rear Wheel Swap Only? Radials?

Guest leandroFlaherty

Question

Guest leandroFlaherty

hello vfr world,

I own an 85 vf700f interceptor.

I am currently swapping the rear shock with an f2, naked front end (nyc potholes are not kind to fairings) with sabre gauges, and HID lights.

I want to run RADIALS, and it seems to me the rear is the difficult mount. I am broke so i cant take the luxury of swapping both rims, could i just change the rear rim and leave the front rim as is? would the weight defference in the wheel cause safety issues? I would eventually swap the front.. maybe a year down the road.

Anybody know any radials which are still in production which i can just mount outright? I hear Michelin Macadam 90s used to do the trick, but no longer sad.gif

I appreciate your wise advice,

smile.gif

-Leo

2 answers to this question

You could do just the rear for now if finances are a problem and leave your front rim on if you like.

Avon makes the Azaro radials in a 120/80-16 front. Avon recommends a 2.75" wide rim, but the absolute fitment range is from 2.50-3.00, and your front rim is a 2.50.

http://www.avon-tyres.co.uk/motorcycle/?pa...specs&id=18

Try running an Avon Storm rear radial on the F2 rim, as the Azaro isn't made is the correct size (160/60-17) for an F2 rear rim.

Standard disclaimer: just because it's possible, doesn't mean it's a good idea. I have no idea how your bike will handle with these tires, just saying that they'll fit is all.

I ran 120/80-16 front and 150/70-18 rears on my Vf750 back in the day, but those were Dunlop K700 semi-radials, and not true full radials like today's tires.

Archived