Track 1-piece Suits

Bruckner

What ever else you do, try to get a good fit.

+1. I spent at least 75% of the cost of a custom suit on poorly fitting leathers that I ended up throwing away.

The only downside I have found to having a custom suit besides cost, is it spoils you so you can't wear anything that doesn't fit properly.

Jeremy:

Did you got down to Orlando and have Syed himself measure you for your suit? He's quite a character.

Pete

• Member Contributer
Thanks for the numerous responses guys, I have homework to do with all these suggestions.

Being height challenged at 5'7", finding the right size ain't easy (FYI Alpinestar starts at 5'9"). Surely going for a custom cut suit would be ideal but until I'm a committed track rider I'll make do with more modest options. Besides, should a crash occur on the track, I suppose the price to buy a new suit would be minimal compared to the damage the bike would sustain, it's part of the game I guess. Not that I plan on ever testing the solidity of these budget suits, it's the first crack I'm concerned about!

I will shop around and wait for a special to happen, after all I'm only just beginning track riding, I planned 3 different courses and as many free riding sessions this season. If I can't resist addiction, I may upgrade my equipment next year.

Regards,

Bruckner

Have you thought about renting, some of them rent leathers?

• Member Contributer
What ever else you do, try to get a good fit.

+1. I spent at least 75% of the cost of a custom suit on poorly fitting leathers that I ended up throwing away.

The only downside I have found to having a custom suit besides cost, is it spoils you so you can't wear anything that doesn't fit properly.

Jeremy:

Did you got down to Orlando and have Syed himself measure you for your suit? He's quite a character.

Pete

Yep, and he has repaired it for me a couple times as well. I lived in Tampa at the time, so it was only an hour trip.

• 3 weeks later...

UPDATE - Following Sportrider's recommendation, I contacted California Superbike School to see whether they had a used suit for my size. Turns out they're clearing out their inventory of AGV suits, I got one that fits nicely for an affordable price. They shipped quickly and the suit was as described. If anyone needs a suit to get started on the track before going for a custom made one, speak with dylancode@yahoo.com

Regards,

Bruckner

• Member Contributer

The suit may look something like this (back, front, side). FWIW, the suit worked well for me, and I recommend a mesh suit liner for ease getting in and out):

gallery_2925_490_81856.jpg

JER_3577.JPG

gallery_2925_490_581472.jpg

_KIT2251.JPG

gallery_2925_490_1020959.jpg

JER_3530.JPG

Archived