Oem Hard Bags For My Rwb Viffer

CBR_Rod

• Member Contributer

My local dealer says the Blue bags are no longer availalbe, but they can get the 06 white bags or the 07 red bags. I've seen the white bags on the RWB bike, looks great (I guess the pearl white on both bikes are real similar?) What about the 07 Red bags, I was thinking the 07 red is a metallic, and wondered if it would match the red stripe on the RWB bike. Most likely would get the white bags if I bought some.

HOWEVER.....

I read where the install is sort of a chore, so I am guessing a person doesn't want to remove and install the mounting hardware on a whim for when the bike is in commute mode only, am I correct?

My dealer will sell my either set for 760.00 (plus sales tax most likely), is this a good price?

Also, I found a photo of the ventura rack, does it mount where the grab bars are making it a quick and easy process for removal and installation?

mucho gracias! (I hope that's spelled right :biggrin: )

• Member Contributer

That is a pretty decent price for the hard bags. I think my dealer offered them to me at 800 dollars plus tax.

The Ventura rack mounts in the existing bolt holes for the rear passenger grab handles and can be removed in minutes......much easier than removing the hardware for the hard bags.

If you plan on doing a good bit of travel and have the funds for the hard bags I would definatley go for them. If you only plan to travel occasionally, the Ventura system is very hard to beat.

I have the Ventura system and am quite happy with it. I also bought the sport rack and sport bag which is great for day trips. I leave the sport rack on the bike at all times as I always carry a few items on every ride, such as a tire repair kit, bottle of water etc. (Sport bag is in the pic below)

gallery_926_1969_441296.jpg

P1000157.JPG Cherahola

• Member Contributer

Wow, I was just browsing the ventura website and was surprised to see they make the brackets for all my bikes. I really like that setup, keeping the tailbag off the paint.

Just curious, could you turn the sport rack around if you wanted to? I was thinking if that could be done, I could simply use my cortech or Nelson riggs, tail and saddle bags, over the rack. Just didn't know if that was possible.

• Member Contributer
Wow, I was just browsing the ventura website and was surprised to see they make the brackets for all my bikes. I really like that setup, keeping the tailbag off the paint.

Just curious, could you turn the sport rack around if you wanted to? I was thinking if that could be done, I could simply use my cortech or Nelson riggs, tail and saddle bags, over the rack. Just didn't know if that was possible.

Yes, the large and sport size racks can both be turned around. I do that at times with the big rack depending on what and how much I have loaded.

Check this thread if you haven't already:

http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47633

My initial take was that the white would look better than the '07 red. After seeing that thread I'm convinced that white would be the way to go.

And $760 is a pretty good price. I think the only way you're going to do better is if you find a used set.

• Member Contributer

My initial take was that the white would look better than the '07 red. After seeing that thread I'm convinced that white would be the way to go.

And $760 is a pretty good price. I think the only way you're going to do better is if you find a used set.

I agree on the color, I actually like the white on there better than the blue myself. Had my friend at the dealer order me a set and I think I will do the ventura rack as well. Think it will look good together with bag turned towards rider.

• Member Contributer

I was going to point out how good it looks in that thread myself. $760 is a great price. But I'm sure the Blue bags are still available somewhere, but if I had known about the white ones, I would have done that instead of blue. Dave Lusk might have some blue if you still want to go that way.

And the mounting hardware isn't all that obtrusive, why would you want to take it off? It's not hard to do, but it takes about 40 minutes, too much work for me to bother with ever taking them off for looks. And it's only easy assuming everything threads properly.

• Member Contributer

DavidSilverSpares.co.uk

There are sets available in almost every color. Except black and white...

Blues are listed (under 02+ VTEC) for 225GBP or 375 w/ top case. Even with shipping that will probably work out cheaper.

DavidSilverSpares.co.uk

Blues are listed (under 02+ VTEC) for 225GBP or 375 w/ top case. Even with shipping that will probably work out cheaper.

Yeah, but is that Pearl Spencer Blue for the US model R/W/B or are they Lapis Blue Metallic?

I'm going to venture the latter.

• Member Contributer

I already had my local dealer order me the pearl white set. I try to keep my money local as much as possible, when feasible, and I feel 760.00 is plenty reasonable.

• Member Contributer
My local dealer says the Blue bags are no longer available, but they can get the 06 white bags or the 07 red bags. I've seen the white bags on the RWB bike, looks great (I guess the pearl white on both bikes are real similar?) What about the 07 Red bags, I was thinking the 07 red is a metallic, and wondered if it would match the red stripe on the RWB bike. Most likely would get the white bags if I bought some.

HOWEVER.....

I read where the install is sort of a chore, so I am guessing a person doesn't want to remove and install the mounting hardware on a whim for when the bike is in commute mode only, am I correct?

My dealer will sell my either set for 760.00 (plus sales tax most likely), is this a good price?

Also, I found a photo of the ventura rack, does it mount where the grab bars are making it a quick and easy process for removal and installation?

mucho gracias! (I hope that's spelled right :huh: )

Just got off the phone with the dealer here and they said the 07 blue bags for the 07 RWB are still available and they are not stopping production of them as a matter of fact the warehouse serving this dealer is expecting a delivery of them tomorrow.

And the mounting hardware isn't all that obtrusive...

Here's a picture of my '07 with the bags off and the hardware on. You can see them, but unless you're going strictly for looks I don't think it would be worth trying to remove them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craigwagner/2...157607021594406

Just got off the phone with the dealer here and they said the 07 blue bags for the 07 RWB are still available and the are not stopping production of them as a matter of fact the warehouse serving this dealer is expecting a delivery of them tomorrow.

I don't understand why people seem to enjoy persisting the rumor that the bags are going out of production. I ran into the same problem when I bought my '07 last year. I heard Honda was looking for a new supplier and the bags weren't going to be available until one was found, I heard they were discontinuing the bags, and a couple of other variations. Turned out they were just back-ordered. As it was I found I great deal on a set of black bags, which I think look great on the red bike, and I saved a ton of money.

• Member Contributer
DavidSilverSpares.co.uk

Yeah, but is that Pearl Spencer Blue for the US model R/W/B or are they Lapis Blue Metallic?

PB-332P. Probably the latter. But if you email them, they can probably lay their hands on the other. Or, just watch the site. They CONSTANTLY have new stock appearing.

• Member Contributer
Just got off the phone with the dealer here and they said the 07 blue bags for the 07 RWB are still available and the are not stopping production of them as a matter of fact the warehouse serving this dealer is expecting a delivery of them tomorrow.

That could very well be for their regoinal warehouse. Moot point though, now that I have seen the white bags on the RWB bike, IMO they look the best.

• Member Contributer
Here's a picture of my '07 with the bags off and the hardware on. You can see them, but unless you're going strictly for looks I don't think it would be worth trying to remove them.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/craigwagner/2...157607021594406

After seeing a few picture with bracket only, I agree, not bad at all.

DavidSilverSpares.co.uk

PB-332P. Probably the latter. But if you email them, they can probably lay their hands on the other. Or, just watch the site. They CONSTANTLY have new stock appearing.

PB-332P is Pearl heron blue

This is the one he needs for the R/W/B:

PB-308P PEARL SPENCER BLUE

And just for giggles:

PB-257M Lapis blue metallic

From here: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47824

• Member Contributer

I have an RWB as well and side bags in Blue seem to be hard to come by so i may just get a set in another color and have them painted.

Does anyone know what years are compatible for the hard bags? Would the hardware/bags for on '05 fit an '07? If so David Silver Spares had side bags for like $340 + ship which isn't too bad.

Does anyone know what years are compatible for the hard bags? Would the hardware/bags for on '05 fit an '07? If so David Silver Spares had side bags for like $340 + ship which isn't too bad.

All the 6th gen model years are compatible.

Are you sure that 340 is dollars and not pounds? When I was looking he had some decent prices, but nothing that low.

• Member Contributer

Are you sure that 340 is dollars and not pounds? When I was looking he had some decent prices, but nothing that low.

Yup, € 251.10 | US$ 328.59 on their web site. I emailed them and they are checking on the RWB Blue to see if they have any first, if not I may just get the cheap off color ones and have them painted.

• Member Contributer

Yup, € 251.10 | US$ 328.59 on their web site. I emailed them and they are checking on the RWB Blue to see if they have any first, if not I may just get the cheap off color ones and have them painted.

What is shipping going to be? Too bad they didn't make a better looking tail bag.

• Member Contributer

What is shipping going to be? Too bad they didn't make a better looking tail bag.

Since they do not make the top case blue like the sides, someone on here had it painted to match the sides and all I can say is it looked really nice. The blue on the bottom goes into the side cases and the blue on the gas tank goes into the top case because its higher, don't think the bottom of the trunk was painted though. All I recall saying is wow that looks great. It was on here for a while, see it again will post.

Archived