Oem Heated Grips From Honda - Anyone Have Them Installed?

superfunkomatic

Question

hi all,

i've been hunting around on david silver spares and found the OEM heated grips for the VFR.

has anyone installed them on their bike? any photos? i'd like to see how everything goes together on the handlebars before buying a set for myself.

here's the kit on david silver spares - HGRIP VFR800VT

Please note that the ST1300 heated grips ARE available in the US. I saw them at Fairfield Honda (in Fairfield CA) last year hanging from their Honda accessories display. I don't think they stock or sell many of them though, when the one hanging in the display was bought, they never hung another one to replace it, but I'm sure they can still get if if you order it from them.

I was really tempted to buy it to replace my installed Symptec system. the controller really looks well made with a smaller, sleeker looking control panel and nice LEDs........but dang!!, the price was a mind numbing 240 bucks a set, so I'm happy with my Symptecs afterall.....

Beck

95 VFR

finally got them on the bike. they work great! they are a little thicker grip than the original ones and a bit harder (i'm guessing to deal with the heat). i tested them out yesterday and they make such a difference.

here a few photos that show the controller, mounting hardware and grip.

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

DSCN0377.jpg

Way too much money, IMHO. I just use the Symtec Heated grips. Much cheaper & they work great.

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...;Category_Code=

Crazybrother - nice looking bike. Just bought a 09 VFR and want to change both the cans and put on a tail tidy. Have honda panniers and concerned about a couple of things. I want to change them for Leo Vince's but worried about the panniers stilll fitting correctly and moreover if the heat from the Leo's will damage the luggage. Any ideas?

• Member Contributer
Way too much money, IMHO. I just use the Symtec Heated grips. Much cheaper & they work great.

http://www.casporttouring.com/store/mercha...;Category_Code=

Crazybrother - nice looking bike. Just bought a 09 VFR and want to change both the cans and put on a tail tidy. Have honda panniers and concerned about a couple of things. I want to change them for Leo Vince's but worried about the panniers stilll fitting correctly and moreover if the heat from the Leo's will damage the luggage. Any ideas?

OEM panniers and LeoVince are no problem at all! :cool:

I have both installed and just came back from a 6 day tour. The reflector shields on the panniers seem to do their job.

I think you should be able to see the fit on this pic:

IMG_3109_1.jpg

• Member Contributer

Superfunk,

The grips look great and I'm looking to get a pair for myself. Where did you end up purchasing them from?

Thanks in advance for the 411...

Just got a OEM heat grip set mounted. I have a VFR 800 from 2010. The grip set stays on even with removed ignition key. Is that normal - and what about draining of the battery?

The dealer postulate that that is normal on a new Honda and to have the ignition controlling on/off would be a costume made feature.

finally got them on the bike. they work great! they are a little thicker grip than the original ones and a bit harder (i'm guessing to deal with the heat). i tested them out yesterday and they make such a difference.

here a few photos that show the controller, mounting hardware and grip.

DSCN0375.jpg

DSCN0376.jpg

DSCN0377.jpg

Does anyone have the OEM part number for the bracket kit?

Thanks,

M

Archived