Loud Exhaust?

Guest camcclellan

Guest camcclellan

I wouldn't mind having something loud (but with an actually good tone) on my 86. I do not want to trash the stock pipes, though I would have no problem messing with them if I had another set of stock pipes available. What are my options. Cheaper is better, and something that is reversible is good. This is more for 'special occasions' than anything. I have someone who will weld anything I want on there for next to nothing, since I have had so much exhaust work done there on my cars.

LET THE FLAMING BEGIN!!!

(EDIT: Let me make it a little more clear as to what I am wanting. I hate some of my neighbors. The parents have scooters... The little monster sons have these Suzuki Things that think they are motorcycles. I want to be obnoxious for about 3 or 4 weeks this coming spring. With that said, I still want the motorcycle to sound decent, just loud enough to be offensive.)

I used to have a yosh slip on that was really nice sounding. If i still had an 86 i would try to find one of those.

Dave

I was actually looking at a yoshi system in the past, but someone got to it before I did. Any recommendations on where to find one?

Another Edit: I just had another thought. Since my motorcycle has very few things made specifically for it, would it be blasphemy just going with some universal Supertrappcrap? I have a local exhaust shop that does beautiful work, so I am not worried about that.

• Member Contributer

I don't think you are going to solve your problem that way. If your neighbours don't care about the obnoxious sound of their kids' exhaust, why would they be bothered with yours? You will just make loud exhaust noise a normal accepted practice in your neighborhood. A lose - lose game.

• Member Contributer

If you have a guy that will weld for free, do what I did and go get some truck exhaust tips and do your own thing...

Cheap and easily reversible.

Beware that your good ol' '86 will be pretty damn loud, but it will sound frickin' great.

alienartifacts014.jpg

• Member Contributer

Alien TLR, as completely stupid and obnoxious as that sounds...........I LOVE IT. I wouldn't want it all the time but mmm, mmmm, mmm, for those days when you just want to piss people off, that takes the cake. :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
Alien TLR, as completely stupid and obnoxious as that sounds...........I LOVE IT. I wouldn't want it all the time but mmm, mmmm, mmm, for those days when you just want to piss people off, that takes the cake. :fing02:

If I take it easy through town, it's not really loud enough to offend. But when I get on it, it's a different story... And in the vtec range it's such a wonderful shrieking disaster; it's great. Sounds like nothing I've ever heard before, almost "supernatural".

If you have a guy that will weld for free, do what I did and go get some truck exhaust tips and do your own thing...

Beware that your good ol' '86 will be pretty damn loud, but it will sound frickin' great.

alienartifacts014.jpg

So, for all intents and purposes the damned thing is straight piped, isn't it. That is funny as hell.

And besides, it isn't going to be a permanent thing anyway, and if the cops didn't care about my straight piped Porsche 928, they aren't going to bother me with the bike.

I straight piped my 98 for a few days a month or so ago. If you want ridiculously loud, thats the blatant way to go. It's insane how loud that setup is. Especially if you let the plumbing end at the collectors...

Dude! I bow to your awesomeness!.!.! I am going to remove my custom exhaust and create one just like the one you have.... Thanks for the idea, though my wife may not thank you.

-Chris

• Member Contributer
So, for all intents and purposes the damned thing is straight piped, isn't it. That is funny as hell.

And besides, it isn't going to be a permanent thing anyway, and if the cops didn't care about my straight piped Porsche 928, they aren't going to bother me with the bike.

They were probably looking around for the Camaro... :biggrin:

(Used to own an S4, which I unfortunately had to sell before I could realize my Devek 6-liter fantasy...)

Ciao,

Archived