Stereo Bluetooth

Guest RockyMtnKevin

Guest RockyMtnKevin

I eventually want to get a Garmin GPS for the bike and use it to control my cell phone and play mp3, but has anyone found a good bluetooth headset that is motorcycle helmet mountable or friendly? :huh:

• Member Contributer
I eventually want to get a Garmin GPS for the bike and use it to control my cell phone and play mp3, but has anyone found a good bluetooth headset that is motorcycle helmet mountable or friendly? :huh:

I use a Q2... not stereo but does everything else you request. Very clear sound and excellent voice transmission. Most people don't know I'm on my bike when they call. BIG problem and it maybe my phone, voice recognition for dialing sucks, but then again it may be the phone itself.

Muff

• Member Contributer

I've got a BlueAnt headset in my helmet. It's only mono though and I can't hear s@#$ for the wind noise. I use ear budds for the MP3. Then when I get a phone call (the ZUMO550 shows who is calling so I can accept or reject on there) I tell them to hold while I pull over. Then I can carry on a conversation just fine without having to take off my helmet and then resume my ride. Hope that helps. I'll be watching closely here to see if anyone has come up with a stereo one that works!!!

• Member Contributer

I have now used two setups and both have pros and cons.

First, I bought a Motorola Soundpilot and a set of Etymotic ER6 earbuds. The Soundpilot can be connected to multiple devices, has an FM radio, and supports A2D2 stereo Bluetooth. Used in conjunction with my Sirius radio via a Jabra Bluetooth adaptor or using the Sirius' FM transmitter I listen to music in stereo. I can talk on the phone as the mike is built into the Soundpilot BUT must stop to do. The Soundpilot can be hung around your neck, clipped to a tankbag or simply placed into a pocket on your riding gear. It is cheap and very reliable. You will have a wire running from your ears to it and you must wear earbuds or helmet speakers. It is mutable when desired and works well. The sound quality with the ER6's is excellent. The unit allows for voice actuated phone calls, but as I stated, you must be stopped for the mike to work.

Next, I bought a Chatterbox XBI. It connects via BT to several devices. I have it connected to my phone and to the Jabra adaptor plugged into the Sirius. With earplugs in the sound quality is mediocre, but loud enough with everything turned all the way up. There are no wires running from the helmet so you can operate wirelessly. I have to kill power at the Sirius unit to mute everything. You can talk on the phone and ride. The unit does not allow for voice actuation of the phone and can only redial the last number dialed.

I am planning to try a GPS with XM with both setups and determine which I prefer.

Both of these units mute the music whenever a phone call comes in.

I've got a BlueAnt headset in my helmet. It's only mono though and I can't hear s@#$ for the wind noise. I use ear budds for the MP3. Then when I get a phone call (the ZUMO550 shows who is calling so I can accept or reject on there) I tell them to hold while I pull over. Then I can carry on a conversation just fine without having to take off my helmet and then resume my ride. Hope that helps. I'll be watching closely here to see if anyone has come up with a stereo one that works!!!

The Zumo is the one I am considering. Can you take a photo of it mounted on your bike for me? I am looking at the ear bud style bluetooth sets, and hoping I could use that to answer the phone while riding. I already bought a pair of high quality earbuds for mp3 and heard you could hear the phone on them, but they would hear windnoise. I guess that would be good enough so I could pull over?

• Member Contributer

LOVE LOVE LOVE! my ZUMO!!!!!!!

It came with the RAM mount and wiring harness as well as the setup to use it in the car. It sync's well with both the phone and the headset. Gotta remember to turn the headset on BEFORE the ZUMO though or it may or may not sync.

I'll see if I can get a pic for ya with my phone. Don't own a real camera. sad.gif

• Member Contributer

Hope these shots are what you were looking for-

Photo0158.jpg

Photo0159.jpg

Photo0160.jpg

and a front view on the SV Yes, That's the blueant headset thing on the helmet.

Photo0060.jpg

Archived