Adaptiv Tpx Radar Detector ?

Guest KevinE

• Member Contributer

It has saved me a couple of times. The mount they sell isn't tall enough so I used a RAM stem mount with a 5.25" RAM arm. I don't worry about setting up a ear piece to hear as I normally ride with ear plugs. The LED alert is bright enough for me to see during the day.

• Member Contributer

I bought one with the TPX control mount and visual alert but I never used it. I wound up selling it to a buddy of mine who's been happy with the unit. Some of the detectors have had issues with the base of the unit coming apart. Adaptiv has already addressed that issue and the company is very customer service oriented. Another guy I ride with has had to send his back for the defective base and an led problem but again the company was very willing to solve the issues.

I haven't heard any complaints on the detection abilities.

• Member Contributer
The mount they sell isn't tall enough so I used a RAM stem mount with a 5.25" RAM arm.

I've been thinking about getting a TPX, but I also noticed the Adaptiv mount doesn't seem tall enough to see over the dashboard. I'd like to see a pic of what you came up with...

• 1 month later...

I have one and they recommend me their Control Mount, which mounts over the two screw holes on the left side of the control housing. Works well, clears everything. Been real happy with the detector and would highly recommend it!

• Member Contributer
I have one and they recommend me their Control Mount, which mounts over the two screw holes on the left side of the control housing. Works well, clears everything. Been real happy with the detector and would highly recommend it!

Post pics :fing02:

Archived