Winter Is Here....need Some Advice

Guest sigsauer33

• Member Contributer

Just got my TourMaster Synergy heated jacket ($117.00 to my door) and the heated pants ($100.00 to my door), complete with controls etal.

Knife, where did you find a jacket liner for that price?????? Please do tell!!

• Member Contributer
Yep,

You are right it has been a little nippy in the mornings. I commend you for having the nads to ride in the colder temps but man, watch for deer. I was riding up to a few weeks ago when a large doe had been hit and was in my path. One swerve right and I missed it by centimeters. Put the fear right through me. Parked the bike that evening when I got home and will not ride before dawn. Since then, I have seen one-two new does daily. My commute to work is 40 miles and I see it as adding more dangers than I care for. Be careful. Thanks, JD

Yea I get what you are saying, so far this year I have not seen a single deer, I am not sure if it is because Marines look for any reason to shoot things so they are all dead here, or that my route is not a common place for them. With the VFR being my only mode of transportation it really have no way around riding to work. Now dont get me wrong I am not complaining I love riding the bike everyday, I told my wife (who hates motorcycles) that I will get another car when I have the 07 CBR Repsol 08 Fischer MRX650 and the BMW k1200r sitting in my dog house.

Dag, Sig. Does she have to wait that long?? I guess you must have a side car for the family? How are you dude??!!! Ed

• Member Contributer

Just got my TourMaster Synergy heated jacket ($117.00 to my door) and the heated pants ($100.00 to my door), complete with controls etal.

Knife, where did you find a jacket liner for that price?????? Please do tell!!

Yes........please share.

Yep,

You are right it has been a little nippy in the mornings. I commend you for having the nads to ride in the colder temps but man, watch for deer. I was riding up to a few weeks ago when a large doe had been hit and was in my path. One swerve right and I missed it by centimeters. Put the fear right through me. Parked the bike that evening when I got home and will not ride before dawn. Since then, I have seen one-two new does daily. My commute to work is 40 miles and I see it as adding more dangers than I care for. Be careful. Thanks, JD

Yea I get what you are saying, so far this year I have not seen a single deer, I am not sure if it is because Marines look for any reason to shoot things so they are all dead here, or that my route is not a common place for them. With the VFR being my only mode of transportation it really have no way around riding to work. Now dont get me wrong I am not complaining I love riding the bike everyday, I told my wife (who hates motorcycles) that I will get another car when I have the 07 CBR Repsol 08 Fischer MRX650 and the BMW k1200r sitting in my dog house.

Dag, Sig. Does she have to wait that long?? I guess you must have a side car for the family? How are you dude??!!! Ed

No, no side car yet smile.gif She has a nissian pathfinder, so her and the baby can get around. But I still see no point in me owning a car. things are going well, the baby is almost 4 months and just did his first roll over. But now come to think of it I wonder if there would be a way for me to attach a side car to the VFr and be able to install the baby seat as well. I think this sounds like a job for SEB!

Archived