07 Blowin White Smoke?

vlj1216

Question

Hi, this will be my first post but I've been here for awhile. I've learned a lot here and performed all my mods after researching here. So to my problem. My o7 with apx 6k miles is blowing white smoke from the exhaust and dripping water out of the exhaust. Now for my mods that would be related I have done; PCIII, 07 pair/evap tune from download section, Leo exhaust, pair/evap removed, o2 sim and desnorkled. I tried different maps and premium fuel. My coolant level has not moved and my oil is clean-no coolant. The first time I noticed it was after a hard run at a stop light I saw the light white smoke and that was with every mod except evap. I thought it might be normal cause of a hard ride, thought maybe I was just runnin rich-woulda been black though-so I decided to just monitor it. Now recently it does it at idle and at times when I rev. The water doesn't feel oily nor have any kinda smell to it. My exhaust fumes are strong but I'm sure that's cause of the mods. The only mod I'm not too sure about is the evap removal. I removed the canister, left the two vent under the tank open/venting and removed the electrical thingy that was on the right side of the bike with three hoses going to it...one to the tank, one to the canister and the last to some where under the air box; the last I just plugged.

Well that's all the info I have. I would really love to hear that this is normal cause of all the mods and that it's not engine or anything else related! This is my first bike and I'm learning as I go along. I know with cars a little water dripping outta the exhaust and seeing smoke on cold morning is normal but I know nada bout bikes and would hate to think I've damaged my new bike...I do ride it fairly hard.

Thanks for any help

6 answers to this question

Normal. It is moisture from the air. When the pipes heat up that water boils off and you see the steam coming out of the exhaust.

I never noticed it when the bike was stock. So all bkes will do it? Even in S. Fl temps day or night?

• Member Contributer

Should have left it stock?? It's just water, don't worry unless the temp goes through the roof.

Mac

• Member Contributer
Normal. It is moisture from the air. When the pipes heat up that water boils off and you see the steam coming out of the exhaust.

I never noticed it when the bike was stock. So all bkes will do it? Even in S. Fl temps day or night?

Mine did when I lived in Tampa. If the heat/humidity are high, you probably wouldn't see the steam.

Should have left it stock?? It's just water, don't worry unless the temp goes through the roof.

Mac

left stock??!! Never! I must modify everything I drive/ride for enhanced performance and personalization. I'm very happy with the VFR, more than enough performance for my first bike and it's so comfortable for my 6'4 frame, only thing I've learned is that I'm too heavy for it at 225 lbs but after research I see that wont be a problem.

I'm glad to hear that the smoke isn't a problem, I figured so after checking everything but I thought maybe I was riding too hard too soon and damaged something.

Thanks all for the help.

Archived