Spacer Dimensions - Oem Trunk Mount

canib

• Member Contributer

Hi folks! I bought a used OEM trunk and trunk mount from another VFRD member and I am very happy with it.

I have one problem though; it didn't ship with the bolts or spacers needed to attach the trunk mount to the frame of the bike. I have bolts, but I'm having troubles finding the right sized spaces at McFadden-Dale's.

Does anyone know the dimensions of the spacers? Length, wall thickness, outside diameter, and inside diameter would be greatly appreciated!

Or if someone has a spare set lying around I could totally use them...

I know, I know, I should get a Solo Rack. But I blew my wad on the OEM kit.

Thanks so much!

Ben

• Member Contributer

If McFadden doesn't have it then you'll have to toss the whole set-up, wanna know a trash can to dump it in cause I can hook ya up on that too. :biggrin:

Sorry Ben, dunno the size but I bet McFadden has something that'll work, sounds like trial and error.

• Member Contributer
If McFadden doesn't have it then you'll have to toss the whole set-up, wanna know a trash can to dump it in cause I can hook ya up on that too. :biggrin:

Sorry Ben, dunno the size but I bet McFadden has something that'll work, sounds like trial and error.

I know, huh? They have EVERYTHING. I already bought a handful of spacers. They are roughly the right length (I can cut or grind them if necessary) and they have the correct inside diameter, but the wall thickness doesn’t look like it is wide enough. Meaning the hole in the trunk mount is too big so the spacer doesn’t provide support all the way around. I may cut down the spacers I have and weld some thick washers on each end, but I’d rather not. I figured I’d bounce this off the VFR Geniuses before reaching for the duct tape (and welder).

I have an OEM setup as well as the Solo Rack. I can get you the measurements once I get home from Lost Wages.... PM me if you still need the measurements by Saturday.

Archived