2fast2young

MEETUP TIME: 8:00am

START TIME: 8:30am

BRUNCH: 11:00am

END TIME: 12:30pm

Total miles: 137

Total Ride Time: 2:50

• Member Contributer
I'm going to run this route tomorrow (sat 9/20) at 9:00am to nail down a meetup location and try and find a suitable lunch stop. If anyone wants to run tomorrow morning, just send me a PM and we'll meet up... Otherwise I'll post up tomorrow afternoon with meetup locations (including pictures for those VALERO challenged riders...)
I resemble that remark! :rolleyes: . See you guys next Sunday in Beumont.

• Member Contributer

Shayne, I think you will find the ride through Hemet to be extremely uninspiring. Miles of traffic signals. The run up the hill at the very end is fun if you can manage to avoid traffic, but based on my experience riding these roads your initial proposed route is much better IMO. The 243 from Banning to Idyllwild (uphill) is one of my favorite runs ever. Be sure to check the roadside cafe at the 74/371 junction.

Let us know how it goes.

• Member Contributer
Shayne, I think you will find the ride through Hemet to be extremely uninspiring. Miles of traffic signals. The run up the hill at the very end is fun if you can manage to avoid traffic, but based on my experience riding these roads your initial proposed route is much better IMO. The 243 from Banning to Idyllwild (uphill) is one of my favorite runs ever. Be sure to check the roadside cafe at the 74/371 junction.

Let us know how it goes.

:blink:

I spend all week at traffic lights with lots of cars and miles upon miles of straight roads, I'd like to avoid that on the weekends if at all possible.

That being said... you lead, I'll follow :rolleyes:

Sweet... I am really looking forward to this ride! I love the 243! I just broke up with my girlfriend, and riding always seems to help. See you guys Sunday. Thanks Shayne for pulling this ride together.

-Isaac

Let's see, 92 mile slab ride, 137 mile fun ride and 92 mile slab home. What's not to love. Seems like between Bob, Scott, Jon and myself we could come up with some kind of a SLAB FERRY. Oh well. If I can get my cowl back on by Sat, I'm in.

Is there any talk of a mid point meet to complete the ride to Beaumont together? Maybe the 60/10 interchange or sooner.

• Member Contributer
Let's see, 92 mile slab ride, 137 mile fun ride and 92 mile slab home. What's not to love. Seems like between Bob, Scott, Jon and myself we could come up with some kind of a SLAB FERRY. Oh well. If I can get my cowl back on by Sat, I'm in.

Is there any talk of a mid point meet to complete the ride to Beaumont together? Maybe the 60/10 interchange or sooner.

You first ! :offtopic:

• Member Contributer
Since it seems a number of us are coming from a ways away (I've got a 81.5mi of slab before the ride itself)

Could we move the ride start time back an hour or 2?? I'm a baby and not a morning person at all!

Showing up at these meets half asleep is part of the fun :laugh: You'll be fine, just have an extra cup of coffee :pissed:

• Member Contributer

My local shop was supposed to be installing a new rear donut on my bike today but apparently the tire's back ordered and they won't install it until Friday. Since I can't ride on Saturday and I probably won't ride Friday night, I may be showing up Sunday on a squeaky clean rear tire with enormous chicken strips! :laugh:

That's to say I may take it a little slow until I get it scrubbed in.

• Member Contributer
My local shop was supposed to be installing a new rear donut on my bike today but apparently the tire's back ordered and they won't install it until Friday. Since I can't ride on Saturday and I probably won't ride Friday night, I may be showing up Sunday on a squeaky clean rear tire with enormous chicken strips! :laugh:

That's to say I may take it a little slow until I get it scrubbed in.

After having followed you up Soledad Cyn, that won't take long ! !

• Member Contributer

.....and by not done in time, you mean it's getting a RWB paint job, right ??

:comp13: just messin' with ya, man........... !

:comp13:

:blink: Oow ! ! !

• Member Contributer
Since it seems a number of us are coming from a ways away (I've got a 81.5mi of slab before the ride itself)

Could we move the ride start time back an hour or 2?? I'm a baby and not a morning person at all!

If you're like me the ride up in the morning is a blur. Goes by quick as you start getting psyched up for the ride. Don't get psyched out by the run up there it's the ride home that always sucks IMO. Since we're riding into Palm Desert you will be glad we left early, trust me. Where are you coming from 2F2Y?

wow. words are failing me here...

After EXTREME LENGTHS OF CONSIDERATION, I HAVE MADE A DECISION. There will be two groups running this ride...

Per request...

8am

shaynej

JTG

JBAXX

ihilker

VFR CAPT BOB

redneck7769

wheatie

L8asusul

10am

2fast2young

Hope this helps...

• Member Contributer
Tears in my eyes laffin!!!,,,,, you are good Shanej, shayneeeyj, shanje, or however its spelled :comp13: :comp13:

You can just call me Dick.

Thanx, much easier :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :blink:

Archived