Vfr's Age Well!

backonabike

I had originally bought an 82 V45 Sabre new (my 3rd Honda at the time) and loved the motor, though it constantly had issues. The styling was a bit too modern, but I really loved the motor (when it was running well). I bought a new pearl white 87 VFR700F2 in 88 and had it for several years, but got stupid and sold it. Got a 94 VFR that I really liked, but thought it seemed bigger than the 87. Sold that one to my attorney.

I had been looking for a really pristine one of those for the last few years, but couldn't one. Finally, this summer I found an 86 RWB 750 that was like brand new and bought it. Still looks good to me. The lines of the bike are pretty timeless. It still rides beautifully and the motor still makes that great sound. There's nothing like the sound of a 180 degree V4 at 8000+!!!

Gordon

• Member Contributer
I had originally bought an 82 V45 Sabre new (my 3rd Honda at the time) and loved the motor, though it constantly had issues. The styling was a bit too modern, but I really loved the motor (when it was running well). I bought a new pearl white 87 VFR700F2 in 88 and had it for several years, but got stupid and sold it. Got a 94 VFR that I really liked, but thought it seemed bigger than the 87. Sold that one to my attorney.

I had been looking for a really pristine one of those for the last few years, but couldn't one. Finally, this summer I found an 86 RWB 750 that was like brand new and bought it. Still looks good to me. The lines of the bike are pretty timeless. It still rides beautifully and the motor still makes that great sound. There's nothing like the sound of a 180 degree V4 at 8000+!!!

Gordon

That is cool that you found the bike you were looking for. I'm partial to the first gens but they haven't made a vfr that I don't like. Post a couple of pics of your bike.

All VFR'S Rock. See my sig line, adapted from Rush. :biggrin:

Tire spitting gravel, I commit my weekly crime. :cool:

:cool: +1 I appreciated your sig the moment i saw it...

I never thought i would own a bike with this much plastic,but my world is rocked and always will...

• Member Contributer

A friend from England came over to ride with me this past summer. I loaned him the V-Strom and I rode my 1994 VFR. In England, hardly anyone has a garage, and VFRs are popular with bike messengers, so there are lots of ratty, shagged out VFRs parked all over the city, bikes have been ridden hard and put up wet. My friend thought my VFR was a weird choice; he couldn't see the appeal at all. In his eyes it was an ugly and uninteresting machine.

Then one day we traded bikes for a little while. When the time came, he didn't want to give it back! Since he went home he's been sending me links to classified ads for 4th gens and asking me what I think. I think used bikes are really freakin' expensive in England!

Archived