Susp. Setup Help For 190 Lbs - 6th Gen

Higgin

Well, I've been trying on a trial and error baisis to setup my suspension for better handling (don't have anyone around to help do a sag measurement). Since last summer when I bought the bike, I have lost somewhere around 65 lbs. From about 255 lbs down to about 190. Its made a HUGE difference on the bike! When I was at 255, setup was pretty much full preload at both ends, but now that I've lost the weight, that defiantly seems like too much. The bike just dosen't handle as it should. SO I guess what I'm asking, is if there is anyone else around here that weighs around 190 that could fill me in as to what they have setup on their pre-load and rear compression dampening? I realize that it probably won't be perfect for me, and I need to get sag measurements to setup my own, But I'm really just looking for a baseline till I can recruit someone to help me measure my sag and set it up properly for me. I'm hoping for a setup for optimal handling.....I can tweak it around from there for my optimal liking. Thanks!

You should really be setting your sag according to what you weigh with your gear on, plus any normal luggage or other items you carry on a regular basis.

You want about 1.125" of sag in the fron, and just over 1" in the back. It's been a while since I played with a stock suspension, but try 2 lines showing up front, and the 4th notch from full soft on the rear.

Archived