Honda Rider's Club - No More Roadside Assistance!

• Member Contributer

Hi all,

Not sure if there's a more appropriate forum for this or if it's old news.

My HRCA membership is due for renewal on 9/1. No bill yet, so I called them to see what was up. Guess what? They've discontinuted roadside assistance! At least, that's what the gentleman told me.

He dutifully explained that they are keeping the social aspect of it, which I guess means you still get RR mag and you're street-legal to attend the Hoot. Or something. But if your VFR breaks down, you, sir or madam, are stuck. Renew? Me? Pass, thanks.

He also said this was a recent notification from Honda Corporate, with no explanation given.

Wow. That sucks.

Ride safe,

Aram

• Member Contributer
Hi all,

Not sure if there's a more appropriate forum for this or if it's old news.

My HRCA membership is due for renewal on 9/1. No bill yet, so I called them to see what was up. Guess what? They've discontinuted roadside assistance! At least, that's what the gentleman told me.

He dutifully explained that they are keeping the social aspect of it, which I guess means you still get RR mag and you're street-legal to attend the Hoot. Or something. But if your VFR breaks down, you, sir or madam, are stuck. Renew? Me? Pass, thanks.

He also said this was a recent notification from Honda Corporate, with no explanation given.

Wow. That sucks.

Ride safe,

Aram

Mine goes through 2013.....I still have roadside assistance through 2012...the last year (07 Anniversary VFR) was added after it was dropped, so no coverage that year. Might wanna' check...my Red Rider Mag hadn't come, so I went over and logged onto the HRCA website and had to "click" that I still wanted to recieve it. I missed one issue, then it resumed........... :unsure:

Archived