Rev'it Gear

JHKolb

• Member Contributer

When I bought my VFR last August the first thing I started looking for was riding gear. I really didn't want to buy the same off the rack Joe Rocket or Icon gear that everyone else seems to wear in my area, and if I was going to buy gear I wanted good stuff, I wasn't going to sacrifice quality to save a few bucks. After looking around a few places I ran into the Rev'It East Coast (USA) rep at the local motorcycle shop and explained what I was looking for. He was extemely helpful, no full sales pitch, just pulled out some stuff from other brands and the Rev'It for me to try and compare and I was impressed with Rev'It's quality. They are fairly new to the US but have a growing presence. So I took the dive and bought my Devil (see below) jacket fist and have loved it so bought another, then ... so I figured I would post a quick review of all my gear so far . . .

gallery_12385_4045_102765.jpg

Rev'It Devil Jacket

I bought this Jacket last year, it was my first "real" jacket. Used mainly as a Touring jacket. It has a thermal liner as well as a rain liner, each can be removed individually making this a very versital jacket. Jacket has full armor in elbows, shoulders and back and has full zipper to attach to pants. I use this mainly as my fall/winter/early spring jacket. Used in temps down to 35 degrees (F) and in damp/light rain conditions and it always kept me warm and dry. Material is top notch and all zippers and velcro show no signs of wear even after nearly 18 months.

gallery_12385_4045_4377.jpg

Rev'It Air Jacket

I bought this Jacket this past summer, temps were hitting into the 90's in May/June and I needed something cooler than the Devil. This is a light mesh jacket with full CE approved Knox armor and a waist zipper to attach pants. I have been very impressed with this jacket as it allows decent air flow in hot weather yet is still pretty warm on cool mornings. Only thing I wish it had was a rain liner but the liner from my Devil does fit inside this so I could use it if I had too. Another issue (thought not in functionality) is that I wanted this in the lighter color, but since I wear this everyday communting it gets/show road dirt very noticably. So far jacket is wearing great, no issues with zippers or velcro adjustments. Sizing runs small on these so go up 1 size, I am normally an XL but with this I went to XXL for better fit.

gallery_12385_4045_39002.jpg

Rev'It Rival H20 Boots

I bought these at the local Ducati/MV Agusta store. Placed and paid for the boots in February, they finally arrived in May. Apparently I got the first pair to come into the states as they were a brand new model. These are size in european sizing and seem to be pretty true to size. Most boots I tried ran very narrow and tight for me, but these are wider and fit great. I wear these nearly everyday and they are wearing pretty well, have some wear on the top cuffs and some on the inside heels where they rub the side of the bike but other than that they still function like new. I have worn these on full day trips and they have been comfortable all day. So far I like these boots alot, only thing I would like to have would be a strap adjustment to keep my heel planted better in the heel cup of the boot.

gallery_12385_4045_82317.jpg

Rev'It Mistral Pants

I searched a while to find pants I liked. I just can't get confortable in overpants, they just seems too much like snow pants and I feel like I have less control/fell wearing them on the bike. These are regular pants, but you could wear shorts under them if wanted. Local shop had these, last pair in my size so i gave them a try. They are textile and breather pretty well, even during 90+ degree days. They also come with a thermal liner and zipper to attach to either of my jackets. They have lots of hip padding and CE Knox knee armor, which is adjustable. Legs zipper open for easier access to put on boots and waist has some adjustment for sizing.

• Member Contributer

I found Rev'it! in the same manner. Looking for decent quality but not the same off the shelf stuff readily available & found in the typical local bike shops.

I bought a pair of Ergo H20 boots last fall (at MotoMarket in Acton, MA) & from day one have been impressed. Tho a bit warm in the summer they are very comfortable & well made. They hardly needed any break-in. All the others I tried didn't fit as well (maybe I have weird feet) and were very stiff. These felt like slippers compared to the others.

I would definately try other products from Rev'it!

• Member Contributer

Nice thorough review. Thanks.

I too have been impressed with the initial quality, and the wear thus far. I have a couple pair of their gloves, and am debating a hot weather jacket.

Just want to reinforce one thing: Their stuff does run on the tight side (european sizing). I'd recommend sizing up one size. I have in nearly everything I have tried on by them and the fit is usually snug.

Mac

• Member Contributer

I don't know how different they really are: all three brands you mention are designed in the West, built in the East...

Ciao,

• Member Contributer

I've found Rev'It to be a little hit and miss for me. I love the quality and the pricing, for what you get, I feel is acceptable. I've a pair of their "summer" gloves along with the Club H2O rain/cool weather gloves and like both, especially the summer glove (sorry, forgot the model name). I've also got a pair of their pants. Amazingly comfortable, very versatile with an insulating zip-in liner and a rain-resistant zip-in liner.

The problem I have with Rev'It gear is the sizing. I'm too tall for nearly all of it. The pants I got were long's but I wish they had another couple inches. With boots they work but just. I love the look of their jackets, real "technical" (like that makes any sense) and well made, and I love the color options on their jackets. But it doesn't seem like any are long enough. Being 6'5" also has a downside, I guess.

Anyone wanting to get some gear a cut above the average stuff out there would do themselves a favor to find a dealer and try some on. That's my last issue; nearest dealer is about 3 hour's ride away from here, so I go there and try stuff on, order the next size up if I think it'll be right, and cross my fingers until it shows up. It's a real love/hate relationship, all said. At least I know when I need another pair of gloves I can just order what ever I want in XXL and can be reasonably sure it will be right.

Archived