How To Guide: Raise Forks / Lower Triple

tinyminds

Was raising my forks up the way I had them before I took the bike in for warranty work on throttle cables, figured I would do How-To in case anyone was interested that was unsure what to do. Enjoy!

Cover tank before you start, in case you drop a wrench or something. I've learned from experience.

Edit: Forgot to mention, raise the front of the bike up before you start. The bike will come crashing down from the weight when you loosen the 4 triple clamp bolts if you don't. I put mine on the center stand and pulled the back down with a tie-strap.

Forks1.jpg

Forks2.jpg

Forks3.jpg

Forks4.jpg

Forks5.jpg

Forks6.jpg

Forks7.jpg

• 1 year later...
  • Forum CEO

Was raising my forks up the way I had them before I took the bike in for warranty work on throttle cables, figured I would do How-To in case anyone was interested that was unsure what to do. Enjoy!

Cover tank before you start, in case you drop a wrench or something. I've learned from experience.

Edit: Forgot to mention, raise the front of the bike up before you start. The bike will come crashing down from the weight when you loosen the 4 triple clamp bolts if you don't. I put mine on the center stand and pulled the back down with a tie-strap.

Forks1.jpg

Forks2.jpg

Forks3.jpg

Forks4.jpg

Forks5.jpg

Forks6.jpg

Forks7.jpg