Leo Vince Install

Guest Joe Rider

Guest Joe Rider

Hi all. For those of you who have Leo slip-ons, what are the round disks that have the four large perforations for? They fit inside the inlets of the mufflers, but I didn't see anything in the pictorial that shows them. Is that where they go? Are they optional?

Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi all. For those of you who have Leo slip-ons, what are the round disks that have the four large perforations for? They fit inside the inlets of the mufflers, but I didn't see anything in the pictorial that shows them. Is that where they go? Are they optional?

Thanks.

My kit had only one round disk with holes in it. Never installed it. Dunno WTF that piece is for. Their instructions are pretty lame, but then again bolting up the system was a piece of cake and they sound awesome. Haven't pulled the inserts yet.

• Member Contributer

The official term for those are "wee parts"...

Throw them over your shoulder while shouting Weeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!! tongue.gif

• Member Contributer

I had 2 of those things....I thought they were drawer spacers. You know throw them in a draw and they take up space.

I took the inserts out when I installed mine. As you get more miles on them ...the better they will sound.

I have about 2,000+ miles on mine and they are just begining to get a deeper sound.

• 3 weeks later...

Saw a pair of the Leo Vince carbon on a 6th today. Really nice pipes, I think I will order a pair.

Question, riders talk about pulling the inserts. The set I saw today looked like the insert has

a welded piece on the insert so it can not be removed. Are you guys just drilling out that

welded nut?

Mine had a 1 way screw on the bottom of the tip of the cans that I took out and the baffle pulled right out. :fing02:

1 way screw? I did not notice that. What did you use to get it out?

Ironically enough, I just used my makita with a flathead tip on it. The screws weren't in there too tight and they came right out. I did take the baffles out when the pipes were new, so I would imagine that the screws would be a little more difficult to take out if the pipes had been used for a while...

• Member Contributer
Mine had a 1 way screw on the bottom of the tip of the cans that I took out and the baffle pulled right out. :fing02:

It's on the bottom side of the outlet. A pair of needle-nose vice grips will do the trick. The kit also includes regular screws should you want to reinstall the insert or simply fill in the hole.

I recently installed a set of LV titaniums on my RC51 (no CF option). I added the round drilled disc(s) before the cans and left the inserts in the cans. It was as quiet as stock with a tad more bass but the motor wouldn't pull redline in 2nd gear! That combo of discs and inserts is strictly to pass sound tests. BTW, the inserts (aka: dB killers, spuds, plugs, baffles, etc) for these pipes were totally different in both design construction than the ones for the VFR which leads me to believe they do take the time to "tune" these and not just use a "one size fits all" insert. FWIW

Thanks guys for the response. Fotomoto how is the 51 compared to the VFR? Have you been on a longer

ride with the bike? They had a used one a 2006 at my dealership and I thought the riding position was better than

I thought it would be.

Thanks again...

• Member Contributer
Thanks guys for the response. Fotomoto how is the 51 compared to the VFR? Have you been on a longer

ride with the bike? They had a used one a 2006 at my dealership and I thought the riding position was better than

I thought it would be.

Thanks again...

WAY, way more extreme than the VFR. I've spent some time and money getting it closer though and that's not too hard to do with the right parts! :fing02:

Archived