5" Rim On '90-'93 Vfr750 Swingarm?

Guest junk

Question

I must apologize, since I don't actually own a VFR. I have an old Bandit that I feel like hacking up and I finally found a VFR750 swingarm for a good price. I've always been jealous of your bike's rear, so I figured why not. I have an arm from a '90-93 VFR750 and a friend with, what he thinks is, a '94-'97 rear rim. I understand the alignment and handling issues but, what I'm curious about, is parts interchangeability. Is there anything that will stop me from putting a 5" rim on the earlier swingarm? Thanks for the help.

(If it makes anyone feel better, my daily ride is a Honda. I'm just not going to mess with my 600RR because I like the factory built it. The Bandit... well... it has room to frankenstein/grow.)

3 answers to this question

You should have no problems putting on the other rim, but why not use the 5.5"?

No reason. I just happen to have a friend with a 5" in his garage that he's not using. Saving a few bucks to buy from a buddy, rather than waiting 'til I can eBay/CL one for a good price, seem like a good idea to me. Thanks for the info. Glad to know it should just work.

Shift that sucker all the way to the left, run an offset countershaft sprocket, and toss a nice car wheel on there wit ha 240 tire. wink.gif :rolleyes:

I'm only a little off and not completely off my rocker. I mean, hell, I still want the thing to turn. (Think I lready have a Diablo 170/60 sitting in the garage to put on it too.) What can I say, I've seen what all those streefighter guys have done with 'em and, well, it's not like I can sell the thing. Can't get enough money to make it worth the effort and it was my first bike. Seems only proper that I should turn it into something that I'd want to keep riding... once in a while.

Archived