Twobros On 2003

Polarbear

• Member Contributer

Hello,

Sorry, may be stupid question, but here it is anyway.

My 2Bros don't quite fit over the cat pipe. They come from a 2002, I removed them, so I know they used to fit fine. This time, on the 2003 (ABS), it just doesn't quite get over the cat pipes enough so that I can tie up the collar. At leas,t hat'S what it looks like to me. Almost seems like they're the same size! Am I missing a collar to connect them? It is the exhaust pies connected to the 2Bros that goes OvER the cat, right? I looked at the instructions on the 2Bros web site, and it is not clear to me. Any suggestion is welcome.

P.P-M

Did you check to see if there was an old exhaust gasket stuck in the midpipe, or on the cat? My Staintunes went on without the gasket there, I think. :mad:

%201.gif

Many after market exhaust are designed to run w/o the sleeve gasket! :goofy:

• Member Contributer

The Two Bros, is supposed to go over the Cat pipe. There is a split in the pipe, just spread it open abit. The collar goes over the split in the pipe.

DSC02435.jpg

DSC02434.jpg

• Member Contributer

Guys,

Sorry about the delay in updating my post. You guys were all right, the gasket was still stuck on the cat pipes. Didn't think it was a gasket as I had never seen one that looked like metal like that one. Guess by now you have figured out what type of mechanic I am... Weekends only... :unsure: Anyway, it's now off, the 2Bros wen on very nicely, just like on the pics, and they sound really good! :fing02: All I need to do is get a replacement bolt/clamp for the 2Bros cause it snapped on me (all rusted), and a few more bolts and trim clips (nope, it wasn't me, these were broken by the previous guy and left on the bike, but I'll get a handful of them in case I get impatient one day and I break one), reinstall the OEM sidebags (I think these will be quite a tight fit with the 2Bros pipes...) and I'll be ready to roll. :goofy:

I have also installed the PCIII, the O2 elim, replaced the rear cowl for a newer and unscratched/uncracked one (thanks to Seadooloo),

Thanks guys fr the advice, it was all very useful and I'm looking foward to riding the bike real soon (soon as I get my Arai helmet back from repairs, most likely in one week). Can't wait to see if the 4-5000rpm stumble is gone!!! (boy, was that annoying!)

Speaking of fine-tuning and getting the bike looking good, are Honda dealerships the best place to get a small amount of paint for touch-ups? Mine's a red '03.

P.P-M

What map did you decide to go with?

Oh, and

the 2Bros went on very nicely, just like on the pics, and the one muffler sounds really good!
FIXED! :fing02:

• Member Contributer
What map did you decide to go with?

Oh, and

the 2Bros went on very nicely, just like on the pics, and the one muffler sounds really good!
FIXED! :fing02:

:goofy: Yeah, hat's right, the ONE muffler sounds really good. The other one will be used to carry a bottle of wine for dinner. :unsure:

I will go with Cozye's map--best one out there, isn't it? I'll see how I like it and see if I need to change it. Not very likely though.

Cheers,

P.P-M

Archived