Q: How To Rejuvenate The Suspension?

Bikerholic

• Member Contributer

Just got back from the bikes rallies down in Myrtle Beach and i was able to get a couple demo (Kawi ZX-14 and Concours 14) rides and now i know what good/new suspension suppose to feel like. This got me thinking, how can i rejuvenate my suspension? Is it just replacing the springs up front and damper+Coil in the back? Or is there more to it?

Thanks in advance. :fing02:

Change your fork oil/get springs for your weight. If you want to go the extra mile, get the RaceTech Gold Valves for it.

You have a variety of options when it comes to shocks - Ohlins, Penske, Wilbers, Elka to name a few(all are damper + spring).

Lots of money, but money spent very wisely!

It's all buget based!

Start here: http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.p...c+shock+options

I'm not a big RaceTech fan myself, but many people like'em. Several other companies sell valves kits for the forks and others will rebuild and mod what you already have. I used Phil at Aftershocks on my Vtec forks, he rebuild/revalved/resprung my forks for $300-350 and that's cheaper then the cost of just the Gold Valves alone. :fing02:

How many miles on your bike?

Minimum would be fresh oil and the correct springs for your weight, Some people go all the way and do a RC51 type fork swap and a Ohlins/Penske rear shock or hundreds of options in between. :fing02:

Archived