Vfr Grips And Heel Plates?

Guest Tulling

Question

3 answers to this question

I use progrip 719s. They are awesome. I can't comment on the practical benefits of these.

However, I do have a thing about accesories that have brand names all over them. I just think it looks a bit tacky. Am I alone in that? Especially on the VFR. It seems kind of like wearing an FBI t-shirt when you are a tourist in DC. Or a mickey mouse t-shirt at disney world. It's just why would you? In DC everyone knows you are not in the FBI and has you marked out for a tourist (not good) and in Disney World I'm pretty sure everyone knows who Mickey Mouse is and that you support him because you are there!

If you have a triple cover that says VFR or maybe a chain guard and other stuff like that imho it just takes away from the look a little bit. I think the bike stands on its own with its looks and performance. I guess I prefer a little subtlety over advertising. but maybe thats not what a motorcycle's about?

I use progrip 719s. They are awesome. I can't comment on the practical benefits of these.

However, I do have a thing about accesories that have brand names all over them. I just think it looks a bit tacky. Am I alone in that? Especially on the VFR. It seems kind of like wearing an FBI t-shirt when you are a tourist in DC. Or a mickey mouse t-shirt at disney world. It's just why would you? In DC everyone knows you are not in the FBI and has you marked out for a tourist (not good) and in Disney World I'm pretty sure everyone knows who Mickey Mouse is and that you support him because you are there!

If you have a triple cover that says VFR or maybe a chain guard and other stuff like that imho it just takes away from the look a little bit. I think the bike stands on its own with its looks and performance. I guess I prefer a little subtlety over advertising. but maybe thats not what a motorcycle's about?

For some reason the comparison between "Charo" and Audrey Hepburn comes to mind.

I'd like to think that the VFRs are understated but elegant (that's why I chose the plain diamond pattern black grips from Pro-grips for my 95) while the GXSRCBRR1s are just loud and bling-blinggy..........

.........but what are NACA ducts!!??.....Fake Boobs!!?? :rolleyes:

Beck

95 VFR

• Member Contributer

I try not to wear or buy anything that has the brand name or logo plastered all over it. I figure if they want to use me as an advertising billboard, they can damn well pay me. Haven't received a check yet, though. :rolleyes:

Archived