6th Gen Centerstand Bumper

Guest warrlac

Question

Guest warrlac

Hi - I just installed Trace's catless 6th Gen header (after sitting for more than a year in my garage!). The modded cat doesn't have the standard bumper stop for the centerstand.

Isn't there some kind of slick mod to the centerstand that allows you to put a bolt on it with a bumper or something? I've been searching and my fingers are a bit tired.

Thanks!

Warren Lacina

6 answers to this question

Hi - I just installed Trace's catless 6th Gen header (after sitting for more than a year in my garage!). The modded cat doesn't have the standard bumper stop for the centerstand.

Isn't there some kind of slick mod to the centerstand that allows you to put a bolt on it with a bumper or something? I've been searching and my fingers are a bit tired.

Thanks!

Warren Lacina

I'm looking for the exact same answer.

• Member Contributer

Do you guys still have the cat shell? (I assume not). If you have a welder, (or a friend who welds), is your best bet. I don't recall anyone modding a stop, without a welder.

• Member Contributer

I cut mine off the cat exhuast one and welded it to the older header, workes great Did have to trim it a bit to get it to fit correctly.

Can you weld to something that is already Hot Jet coated?

I cut mine off the cat exhuast one and welded it to the older header, workes great Did have to trim it a bit to get it to fit correctly.

• Member Contributer
Can you weld to something that is already Hot Jet coated?

Got a grinder?

Archived