Bit Ratio Lowered, Speed Potential Raised, Mpg Increased

Tightwad

How do you know when a Harley Rider is happy? He has bugs in his teeth!!

I have always hated bugs hitting me...especially the kind that sting. Having them fly into your helmet is really a good thing...NOT! To combat this I did my first(not first ever shown) mod:

bags_and_old_mods_006.jpg

This reduced my BIT(bugs in teeth) ratio quite a bit. Rivckyo does VERY nice work, is a pleasure to deal with, and I have no complaints. The installed could have done a better job, but I don't pay him so what can I complain about?

Next I have an item I have been VERY pleased with. Top Commute Speed has been raised by 30 MPH, while MPG has increased drastically as well....I refer to this gem:

bags_and_old_mods_007.jpg

Good ole Texas Tolltag...cut 15 minutes from my evening commute....most of which was spent idling at stop lights wondering how much hotter I could get if I replaced my red Helmet for a black one that matched my Jacket and Pants and Boots and Gloves. I also wondered at these times why 103 in Texas is MUCH worse than 105 in AZ....They both cook you but Texas also stews you.

Final mod is a case of "shutting the barn door after the livestock escapes"....I order Sliders from Radar....waited a week or two, THEN dropped my bike at 2 mph in a parking lot. The next week the sliders arrived.....I got the Purdy Red posts for mine. Radar does B E A U tiful work:

radar_slider.jpg

Easy to install, fits like a glove, and of course I haven't dropped it since.

• Member Contributer

Hah, I got the Vfrness in two weeks ago. That would would mean I got the couch removed from the rear before you did, very nice work by the way, very pleased with the constant voltage.

Hah, I got the Vfrness in two weeks ago. That would would mean I got the couch removed from the rear before you did, very nice work by the way, very pleased with the constant voltage.

It's the camera that was slow...I installed the sliders 2 days after I got them last fall. Of course I could work outside if I wanted to, that White crap doesn't show up here much.