Anyone Ever Try?

Guest 185champ

Question

4 answers to this question

• Member Contributer
i have a 4 th gen and i would like to install these gauges---

does anyone see any problems with this, or have done it and have some tips

I haven't installed them, but I remember checking out the Koso booth at the Performance Racing Industries show in Indianapolis a few years back. I noticed them specifically because of the motorcycle application. I know a lot of people who have otherwise fine motorcycles, that have damaged instrument clusters. The Koso gauges were pretty slick looking, though the displays are kinda small. It looked like a very workable solution. They had a whole lot of different ones, with varying sets of measurements in them.

..... or have done it and have some tips

I have no insight on this particular guage... but I have installed a Veypor ... (kinda' like playing a doctor on TV, eh?)

You will want a switched power supply for the guage (ie.: headlights) or the damned thing will be on all the time. (just a small mistake on my part)

I don't know what they will be using as a pick-up for speed, the Veypor uses a magnet. I imbedded the magnet in the sprocket mounting bolts. I found the pick-up to magnet distance to be very critical to good performance.... be prepared to fabricate some sort of bracket should you have the same kind of situation.

Good luck.

It will read speed off the speed sensor, just like the stock gauges. On older bikes(mechanical speedo), they use a wheel magnet.

Member FotoMoto has used a Koso gauge before, I'm sure he'll chime in here. They make some really slick looking stuff(for more money though).

Archived