3m Scotchlite Refective Material- Sew On Gear

DougFromIndy

• Member Contributer

Ok, I have been looking for this stuff for 3 years now, my firefighter friends could not locate any, but finally got some answers today and will buy some, PLEASE RESPOND to this post if you are interested in purchasing a few feet of this SUPER VISIBLE sew on stripes.

I run a forklift at The Indiana Convention Center and have worked the FDIC/firefighters trade show and have asked maybe 50 people where to buy this stuff. I finally talked to a 3M rep today (actually listened to me as her husband was involved in a MC accident) she gave me a 2 foot sample (very nice) but would not give me 6 feet (expensive stuff), 2 reasons this stuff is hard to find: It costs around $800 a roll so not many people dropping that kind of $$ AND most firefighting gear is already made up, comes with this same stuff already sewn on garment. Its SUPERBRIGHT by DAY or NIGHT, high vis, just shining a dim flashlight on it gets it SHINING VERY BRIGHTLY, this is the real deal, as on every EMT/emergency gear out there, an industry standard that works, is 3 inches wide, the center is one inch wide white reflector, the top and bottom is 1 inch high vis yellow border, 3M Scotchlite Reflective Material, I can get this to you for around $5/per foot shipped (the more I buy the better deal, 3M reffered me to a supplier who is willing to sell a partial roll, SO RESPOND WITH THE QUANTITY of this stuff YOU WOULD LIKE, so I can pickup some this Friday, its normally on a double stripe, double sewn on jacket, its like a vinyl material, very tough, and obviously would take any heat or abuse. I can get other stuff, but IMO this is the best width, color, and design, is called 9500 series, I love Skuuters high vis yellow jacket and is starting to get popular as cagers get worse and worse, but I have lots of black gear already (hein gericke) and just want sew on high vis stripes. Also very much recommended is the 3M stick-ons that go on the back of oem hardbags (see ebay seller) Thanks Doug LET ME KNOW if YOU NEED SOME OF THIS SAFETY STRIPE :angry:

3MScotchlitefront.jpg

3Mback.jpg

• Member Contributer

Very good idea, I really like conducting my personal business while I am at work, It was a paid research project, making money talking to people, its good PR...sitting at home by the computer is lonely and I dont earn any money doing it, lol The stuff I found is the best IMO so I am happy to get a free 2 feet of this from 3M.

• Member Contributer

This stuff came on my Motoport mesh gear and I get comments all the time about how bright it is and how much light it reflects... Worth getting and adding to your gear if you already do not have it!

Archived