Suspension Adjustments For The 5th Gen

Guest Phil900

Guest Phil900

Hi everybody,

I'm new to bikes, vfr's and VFRD... Seems like a great place here...

I rode my new bike for the first time this past satursday, it's a blue 2001. I like it very much but I want to adjust the suspension to sportiest possible way without changing anything.

Is there someone who has a guide or something like that to help me doing it myself ?

Another question : I like the sound of the bike very much but there's a little sound that bugs me. Something like a clac-clac or tac-tac that follow the engine sound. The bike has 32k km and valves never been adjusted. Is that sound normal or due to valve adjustment ? Is there a problem to use it like that if the sound is the valves in waiting to adjustment in two weeks ?

Thanks a lot

Philippe

• Member Contributer

Just wait. I'll bet in a few minutes one of the VFRocket scientists will post an extensive guide for you. Me, I just throw money at it! Also try the Search function for Sag and other adjustments. They depend on weight, height, riding style, tires, etc., etc., etc. Oh yeah, don't let 'em tell you that red bikes handle better.

• Member Contributer
Hi everybody,

I'm new to bikes, vfr's and VFRD... Seems like a great place here...

I rode my new bike for the first time this past satursday, it's a blue 2001. I like it very much but I want to adjust the suspension to sportiest possible way without changing anything.

Is there someone who has a guide or something like that to help me doing it myself ?

Another question : I like the sound of the bike very much but there's a little sound that bugs me. Something like a clac-clac or tac-tac that follow the engine sound. The bike has 32k km and valves never been adjusted. Is that sound normal or due to valve adjustment ? Is there a problem to use it like that if the sound is the valves in waiting to adjustment in two weeks ?

Thanks a lot

Philippe

A suspension guide is pinned at the top of the forum topic where you posted. http://www.vfrdiscussion.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=40105

Archived