Shocks

keny

I upgrade to a Hagon rear shock some 5 years ago as stock was no good anymore.

I was in betven the Hagon and Öhlins and Bitubo, but fell for the Hagon as the price deffrent was big to the Öhlins and Bitubo only has rebound adjustment.

The Hagon shock is supose to be rebuldable, and that I tought was a bonus when bought it + prize.

Well, now I feel the Hagon is soon (after this season) in need for a rebulid (have adjuster fully in), but to my suprise no local suspension shop will do the rebuil! Thay say its not rebuildable. +1.gif

So now I regret I didnt put the extra money on a Öhlins..

Now I have looked whats avable on market and here what I found.

-Öhlins. Not offically made anymore for the RC24, but a shop can still build a shock from parts, but its costy(~800€ range). fully adjustable accept lenght. Prelod manual or hydtaulic for extra cost (~150€).

-Bitubo. Still made, rebound damping and manual spring preload adjustment. Dont know if rebuldable, Prize 599€.

-WP Only awable whitout compression adjustment for the RC24, but have rebound and manual preload AND 10mm lenght adjustment. Prize is 560€. WP is fully rebuildable an a Shop nerby that sells them can do it + shim it to my likeing (compression).

-Hagon ofcorse, but I dont think I buy another... prize now 395€, adjustable comp/reb whit one adjuster + spring preload mecanically or hydraulic at extra cost (I have that on my current))

-Wilbers, comes in a cheaper version whitout compression damping, and one costier whit fast/slow comp adjustability, and both have rebound adjustment and manula preload. Lenght adjustment foer extra cost(99€), as hydralic preload(199€), but not both togheter for the RC24. Cheaper is 429€ costier 629€ + freight for bouth ~50€. Dont know if rebuildable (or if local shops do it if it is)

So your tough?

• 1 month later...

I have finally found a shop that will rebuild my Hagon! YES! so after this season I will send the shock there. :rolleyes:

In the meantime have someone check your Nitrogen charge, should be able to do it on the bike and be less then $20. Your shock has either lost charge(nitrogen) or oil. :rolleyes:

Archived