Staintune Removable Restrictor

ReadingVFR

• Member Contributer

I recently purchased a 99 VFR equipped with a high mount Staintune exhaust with no removable restrictor and I am curious as to what the difference is in sound level with the restrictor installed? Appreciate any information from someone who has tried the systems both ways.

• Member Contributer
I recently purchased a 99 VFR equipped with a high mount Staintune exhaust with no removable restrictor and I am curious as to what the difference is in sound level with the restrictor installed? Appreciate any information from someone who has tried the systems both ways.

The restrictor makes it nearly as quiet as a stock exhaust. Most eveyone runs the Staintunes with the restrictor out.

• Member Contributer

If anyone wants to get rid of their 6th gen staintune restrictors, I'll pay shipping. I bought my pipes used and didn't get them.

I like the sound of the staintunes, but at speed I can't hear them anyway so, I would prefer more stealth.

• Member Contributer
If anyone wants to get rid of their 6th gen staintune restrictors, I'll pay shipping. I bought my pipes used and didn't get them.

I like the sound of the staintunes, but at speed I can't hear them anyway so, I would prefer more stealth.

If you want to buy new ones, you can here

http://www.cbtimports.com/staintune/stntnhondaapps.htm

Archived