Audiovox Gmrs1072 (spkr/mic Pin/connection)

marid2apterbilt

Well i got a set of gmrs radios ( audiovox gmrs1072) and would like to use them with some sort of helmet speaker/mic setup but cant find any tech spec as to what pin/connection it uses.

So far i have figured out it uses a 3.5 mm single pin..

I have looked over the Audiovox, firefox, and Iasus + many others but cant find these gmrs radios listed as compatible or specs for the connection.?

Are all audiovox the same for the connection pin of a helmet spkr/mic.?

Does anyone know what other brands use the same possible connector?

Thanks for any help....

• Member Contributer
Well i got a set of gmrs radios ( audiovox gmrs1072) and would like to use them with some sort of helmet speaker/mic setup but cant find any tech spec as to what pin/connection it uses.

So far i have figured out it uses a 3.5 mm single pin..

I have looked over the Audiovox, firefox, and Iasus + many others but cant find these gmrs radios listed as compatible or specs for the connection.?

Are all audiovox the same for the connection pin of a helmet spkr/mic.?

Does anyone know what other brands use the same possible connector?

Thanks for any help....

I have an Vox frs/gmrs radio. It uses a 3.5mm plug. I have a 3.5mm plug I use with an IMC headset/mic on the VFR. Sierra Electronics sells them. I also use the radios on the Wing but that is a special hookup.

Lesson learned for me TOOOOOOOOO. Buy and the speaker/headset first and then find a radio that works with it. There is zero standards for the hookups. Frustrating to say the least.

I have an Vox frs/gmrs radio. It uses a 3.5mm plug. I have a 3.5mm plug I use with an IMC headset/mic on the VFR. Sierra Electronics sells them. I also use the radios on the Wing but that is a special hookup.

Lesson learned for me TOOOOOOOOO. Buy and the speaker/headset first and then find a radio that works with it. There is zero standards for the hookups. Frustrating to say the least.

Planetheadset.com sells a 3-piece headset - speaker/mic, PTT button, and radio connector. You buy the connector that fits your radio.

• Member Contributer

As a sidenote -- one benefit of the audiovox 3.5 mm plug is that the same headset will work with a ipod, Zune or Zumo too. But you can not use multiple devices at the same time without some other piece of kit.

No standards for audio hookups.................this is a problem.

Archived