Ok Frankenforkers Sound Off!

mello dude

Question

• Member Contributer

Once in a while I search and look at what others have done and it seems there is quite a few combinations. Just looking to make a survey of whats out there. Thought it might be fun too. Maybe I'm crazy enuff to do this again. I wonder if you could list your combination of what you have working. Please only list if your bike is together and you have been riding it. Try to keep descriptions short and sweet, with quick notes to point how it got together. For the list go like -- Generation, wheel, calipers, forks and mods, fender and attachment, brake lines, triple trees, clip-ons, brake master cylinder, time on the road.

I'll list mine to give the idea, mines at the milder end of the spectrum..(but no linked brakes!)

5th gen - stock wheel and rotor - RC51 calipers- needed minor grinding to fit, Super Hawk lower fork legs- some matching grinding here to for the calipers, stock fender but needed custom fender brackets to fit to the SH forks, stock VFR800 upper tubes, Traxxion Dynamics valving with 1.0 Kg spring, Spiegler custom brake lines, bone stock triple trees,

4th gen clip-ons, RC51 master cylinder, on the road about a year and a half.

Ok - whatcha got?

MD

Mine:

a 1991 3rd gen

stock triple trees with tapered roller stem bearings

VTR1000F forks revalved by myself with Ohlins 8.5N/mm springs, mounting points ground a bit to clear the calibers

VTR1000F axle

Stock wheel, rotors and fender with little brackets to fit VTR forks

CBR900RR '99 front calipers and master cylinder

Goodridge braided front brake lines for VFR

I've had it for this summer and it works like a charm after some set up problems. Got a CBR929 shock for it from Jamie last month and now the rear is up to par with the front.

mine 1993

2007 gsxr 750 forks

2007 gsxr 750 triples

2007 gsxr 750 wheel

2007 gsxr 750 axle and spacers

2007 gsxr 750 discs

2007 gsxr 750 mudguard

The only thing I have to do is machine the top thread of the steering stem, the inner one fits perfectly our vfrs because it measures 30 mm diameter.

Archived