Staintune From Motorsports Network

Guest SunchVFR

Guest SunchVFR

Hi Guys,

After unsuccessfully trying to get a hold of a micron pipe for my 4th gen I decided I may as well go for the staintune as I am almost thirty. I took a chance and ordered from the Motorsports Network , http://www.motorsports-network.com/index.htm . They were incredibly responsive, offered a pretty good price $495, and kept me informed of their progress on getting the cans from Australia. They ordered one extra one for a 4th gen for their own stock.

Well, the pipe sounds great, incredibly throaty. Out of curiosity my boss decided to take some db levels at 7500RPM (105 db w/o spud, 95 db with). Not sure what the legal limits are here in Virginia but I definitely feel the need to baby the throttle when leaving my quiet woodland community.

Ryan

• Member Contributer

I imagine you are close to the limit at 105 db. Hey if your ears can take it....... it's not to loud. IMO

Then again I would be happy to wake up to 105 db of Honda V-Four! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Interesting. I have a set of Staintunes on my '02 and they topped out at just over 100 db at my last inspection. The legal limit here in NH is 106 db @ 3500rpms. I asked him how all the straight-pipe Harleys could possibly pass this test because they have got to be over 106 db. He just smiled and would not give me a straight answer.

• Member Contributer
Interesting. I have a set of Staintunes on my '02 and they topped out at just over 100 db at my last inspection. The legal limit here in NH is 106 db @ 3500rpms. I asked him how all the straight-pipe Harleys could possibly pass this test because they have got to be over 106 db. He just smiled and would not give me a straight answer.

Yea, how do THEY get away with that. I've seen windows rattle in houses? ..........Yea, and what is the actual db level of an air cooled v-twin with straight pipes.

Need more LEO on sports bikes.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

After unsuccessfully trying to get a hold of a micron pipe for my 4th gen I decided I may as well go for the staintune as I am almost thirty. I took a chance and ordered from the Motorsports Network , http://www.motorsports-network.com/index.htm . They were incredibly responsive, offered a pretty good price $495, and kept me informed of their progress on getting the cans from Australia. They ordered one extra one for a 4th gen for their own stock.

Well, the pipe sounds great, incredibly throaty. Out of curiosity my boss decided to take some db levels at 7500RPM (105 db w/o spud, 95 db with). Not sure what the legal limits are here in Virginia but I definitely feel the need to baby the throttle when leaving my quiet woodland community.

Ryan

I ordered a high-mount Staintune for my '99 from motorsports-network.com also. Just got it installed yesterday. I had no problems with the company - the price was the best I found (with free shipping, too), and it was shipped promptly.

Eric

Kind of ironic that the "Live Free Or Die" state test db levels at annual inspections... not yet in NY. :unsure:

Archived