Converting A Regular Mount To A High Mount

Guest naika

Guest naika

Hi,

I'm getting this bike with a straight Yoshi pipe and I am looking into making it a high mount.

I was advised to have a mid pipe fabricated by an exhaust shop but I am not sure it will look good? At least, I don't know if I want to take the chance.

Anybody did that before? Maybe can somebody point me in the right direction to buy the mid pipe?

Any advice is appreciated.

I also saw on the web a 3rd gen with dual pipes under the seat, anybody on this forum have performed such mod?

Thanks a lot

Did you try calling Yoshimura?

No, I checked their website and didn't see anything.

I will give them a call to find out.

Can any canister be high mounted? Or does it have to a specific length?

Aren't the Yosh slip-ons one piece ? Meaning no removable Mid /S-pipe, if that's the case you should just sell it and buy another brand high pipe slip-on for it. :thumbsup:

Yes a muffle shop could make a S-pipe, but they use machines that pinch/reduces the pipes dia. in order to make a turn which looks bad and reduces flow. Some might have and use Mandrel Bend tubing and that would woke fine.

Aren't the Yosh slip-ons one piece ? Meaning no removable Mid /S-pipe, if that's the case you should just sell it and buy another brand high pipe slip-on for it. :thumbsup:

Yes a muffle shop could make a S-pipe, but they use machines that pinch/reduces the pipes dia. in order to make a turn which looks bad and reduces flow. Some might have and use Mandrel Bend tubing and that would woke fine.

I will check on friday, If it is a one piece, I won't have a choice but sell this one and get another one.

Are the high mount pipes hard to find used in good condition, I might consider a trade too.

The Yoshi pipe is in great condition from what I remember and I love the sound of it so i'll se once I ride the bike for a bit.

I will check on friday, If it is a one piece, I won't have a choice but sell this one and get another one.

Are the high mount pipes hard to find used in good condition, I might consider a trade too.

The Yoshi pipe is in great condition from what I remember and I love the sound of it so i'll se once I ride the bike for a bit.

Yeah, I have a Yosh on my (bros) 5th gen and it sounds sweet, not too loud just a great tone.

Yes, used High pipes are harder to come by for sure. many manufactures stop making them.

Archived