Battery Problem?

texasmofo

• Member Contributer

I've had my bike (03 VFR) on a trickle charger for about a week. I rode it two weeks b4 that. Trickle charger light was green. Went to start it today and I get a a rapid clicking sound from under the seat. I assume this is a relay doing the clicking. After every push of the starter button, the dash resets it self (not the clock) and the fuel pump reprimes. So is the battery toast (original battery) or is it another prob?

• Member Contributer

Haven't had your recall work done yet, Aey.?.?. Check Kanadian Ken's ground wire fix. Also check both 30 amp fuses. Main and starter relay. (Under the whole cluster of your 30 amp fuse).

• Member Contributer
I see you!

I see u too dude. I'm thinkin battery.

It was the battery. Repalced it and it fired right up. Old one was 5 yrs old so it was due.

• Member Contributer

Cool! But you still haven't answerd the questions. LOL. Sooner or later, you'll be into that crap. better to do it now with known good battery, and such.

• Member Contributer
Cool! But you still haven't answerd the questions. LOL. Sooner or later, you'll be into that crap. better to do it now with known good battery, and such.

No, I haven't had the recall fix done. My dealer put me on hold while awaiting the parts. Called him today (your comment got me thinking) and lo and behold parts are in....good timing. So I will get teh fix done soon.

• Member Contributer

No, I haven't had the recall fix done. My dealer put me on hold while awaiting the parts. Called him today (your comment got me thinking) and lo and behold parts are in....good timing. So I will get teh fix done soon.

Good. Be sure to put your fist up there a$$. THEY are your puppet, you are not theres. Don' take any guff from those swine.

Archived