Avon Storms Or Pilot 2 Road

Guest Camperguy

Guest Camperguy

Yes I`ve read the tire reviews but am wondering if anyone has ran both these tires and has an opinion on them.

I`ve run the Avon Azeros and have had nothing but good luck with them. The Storms are suppose to be a better tire. From the numerical reviews it looks like the Storms edge out the 2"` in almost every catagory. I`m looking for great wet and cold weather handling and mileage. I usually get around 5000 miles out of a set of tires but will probably get a little more on the VFR as I have slowed down in my old age :rolleyes:

Bill

• Member Contributer

I can't help you with the 2's, but I can lend some info on the Storms. I'm just about to put on my 2nd set (once I buy them that is). I have a little over 6K on them now. The back needs replacing. The front could probably go another 1-2K. I do mostly commuting to work (rural "city"), but I do have around 3K of twisties on them with 1/8" chicken strip on the back (and I don't really lean over that much, they just inspire more confidence I guess).

Great wet weather traction. Never had them slip in wet or dry. They did slip a little once when it was around 25 degrees out. But that was also about 1 mile into the ride, so they weren't really warmed up yet. I most likely pushed them to hard to fast, but I luckily got away with it and kept the shiny side up.

I like them so much that I'm not even looking at trying something different any time soon.

I give them :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Storms.

They handle better than what you hear about. But then, I think, that while tires have an awful lot to do with handling, so does the rider and how he/she just likes or doesn't like a tire. Compare prices with the Michelin's.

Archived