Ungo Alarm - Mc2000 Problems

Guest quasi

Hello everyone.

I have an Ungo MC2000 alarm on my bike. For the last few years, (yes, read the few posts I did back then) my bike has been acting up. Turn the key and nothing. Turn it off then back on and it goes.

So, last summer, I was playing with it and found a lose wire for the alarm. Fixed it and the problem was solverd. Or so I thought. It came back. Sometimes start, sometimes nothing. I didn't use the alrm - wasn't working properly. I tried to just disconnect it, but then there's no power going anywhere and it won't start - nothing.

So, I don't have a manual for the alarm. No installation manual or user guide. Ungo, now Clarion, does not have one either. So, i'm at a complete loss as to how to remove it from the bike.

I'm confident that once it is taken off the bike, I won't have the random no start (no turn over) that has plagued me for a few years.

Sorry this is so long winded. Its a difficult thing to explain!

Anyone have any advice me?

Anyone have a manual they could email, fax or whatever?

Thanks to everyone!

Quasi

I have the same alarm on my now ancient 95 since I bought it. I believe that there is a relay spliced into the main starter solenoid fuse that controls whether you can start the bike or not. I never connected the starter cut-off on my bike but I do remember preparing the wiring for it with the relay just in case I ever decide to connect that part of the system I believe the starter solenoid fuse is the one that is usually mounted on the battery case. I'll see if I can find my Ungo manuals and get back with you on this if I do.

Beck

95 VFR

Awesome if you could!

Gotta leave the office.

Check back when I get home!

Dave

Hello Dave,

Sorry I forgot to get back with you on the Ungo Box manuals and wiring diagrams. Got caught up in a big deadline rush for a project at work this last week and just forgot about it. Tried to find the manual and wiring diagram this afternoon after I saw your follow-up message, but unfotunately, so far, I only found the box for the alarm without the manuals inside them. It's good GP Paul might be able to help you afterall. but I'll keep looking for the manuals just in case you might need more info. There's one more place I need to look for them. I wouldn't want to lose them anyway in cae I have my own troubles with the system in the future.

Beck

95 VFR

A huge THANK YOU to Paul for faxing the information to me!

It is greatly appreciated!

Now, I can find trace the alarm wiring and remove it all. Hopefully, this will allow my bike to run everytime I press the starter - not just occasionally. It's really frustrating when you turn on the key and press the button then nothing. Turn the key off and back on and press the button, nothing. Turn the key off and back on and finally it turns over and starts.

Again, thanks!

Archived