(2000) K&n Air Filter And 2 Bros Carbon Fiber Slip On

Dave Nichols

Question

• Member Contributer

I recently bought a 2000 vfr that came with a 2 Bros carbon fiber slip on. If I install a K&N air filter, will the bike run too lean and experience associated problems? (higher operating temps, surging, etc) I'll stay with the stock filter if the general consensus thinks that I may run into those issues. It does seem to run great now and although I may buy a power commander later, luggage comes first. Thanks to all for your input. Ride safe, Dave

2 answers to this question

I recently bought a 2000 vfr that came with a 2 Bros carbon fiber slip on. If I install a K&N air filter, will the bike run too lean and experience associated problems? (higher operating temps, surging, etc) I'll stay with the stock filter if the general consensus thinks that I may run into those issues. It does seem to run great now and although I may buy a power commander later, luggage comes first. Thanks to all for your input. Ride safe, Dave

I'd stick with the stock filter and go for the luggage.

The stock filter moves plenty of air already (it actually has a larger area than the K&N). If you want a bigger filter, BMC makes one that's larger than stock.

Archived