Looking For A Stiffer Rear Spring.

Guest BlueFireIce

Guest BlueFireIce

Ok, I am looking at getting a rear spring for my '93. Only thing is most places don't have the right length, stock is 7.28". I tried searching and the best thing I found was someone asking kinda the same thing and the reply was to hit up Öhlins, and so I did. However with no luck, the longest they have in the rate I was looking for (1100lbs+) is 180mm (7.08").

I don't want to make a spacer (but will if it comes to that) so does anyone know of a place that has springs that will fit without making a spacer? I believe Hyper Pro makes one but I am kinda iffy about the rising rate springs for a bigger rider like me (220lbs without gear), anyone use their springs?

So if you know of any places PLEASE let me know, I am already tearing the bike down for fresh paint, front springs, gold valves etc. and would like to be able to get the rear done at the same time. Thanks.

I don't think anyone offers a wider selection than Ohlins, if they don't have what you need I think your SOL.

Check out Sonic springs in the Bargain Finder area and see what they offer.

Good luck! :thumbsup:

Ohlinsspringchart.jpg

Yeah, Öhlins is still .2" short. I think Sonic only has fork springs, but I sent them an e-mail with no reply, same thing for Race Tech. Guess I will be making a spacer soon... <_<

• Member Contributer
With a stiffer spring, wouldn't the installed length be close enough?
0.2" isn't a lot in the real world. And on a clapped-out OEM Showa?

Ciao,

Hyprepro progressive springs.

Try them. Pretty purple.

Larry

VFRrider

Have you tried them? From what I understand they are just close to stock spring rate and didn't think it would do much good for a rider like me.

With a stiffer spring, wouldn't the installed length be close enough?
0.2" isn't a lot in the real world. And on a clapped-out OEM Showa?

Ciao,

Maybe so...But I am picky when it comes to stuff like this. And wile it maybe stock I am also having it revalved.

Archived