5th Gen. Rivcyko Huggers

Rivcyko

• Member Contributer

Well folks. :beer: +1.gif

First let me say, THANK YOU, LOBSTER! For multiple reasons: your time, patience, and the welcome to your home and FANTASTIC family. Hands down, you are a king of kings. It's always a pleasure.

They are so very close, but close is not good enough. The length is good. The Tire centers on the radius, (front to back).

100_4250.jpg

The problem is in the side to side differences, on the inner radi, of the swingarm. (Width, and although the higth is close, the edges have a sharper radius). The Boss on where the triangle bolts, drops straight off the back of the swingarm. This interferes with the clipping action, (and PART of the stabilization, of the hugger). One of the exhaust clamps had to be turned, to help make clearence, also. (The bolt broke, so Larry had to mod it). Again, I'm sorry about that.

100_4260.jpg

100_4251.jpg

100_4258.jpg

This all sums up to:

100_4253.jpg

Way too close to the chain.

100_4252.jpg

In short,....Not going to happen. Re-configuration is a no go, at this time. A totally new mold needs to be made, and I'm gonna need a doner swingarm. At the current time, life has other curve balls, for me to try to hit. Frankly it would work with some cutting, and some zip-ties, but as far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't have that on my bike. ( If you want to do it, I'll be happy to sell you a 6th gen., at full, price, with no guarantee). LOL.

• Member Contributer
Trav, in the pics it looks like the chain clearance is fine, and a relief cutout for the triangle mount may be possible?

Seb., Not shown in the pics from the inside, but we DID cut that relief, for the triangle boss. As for the chain, it was about .125" from the tip of the hugger's chainguard. (Once in motion, I fear detination and a serious safety hazzard).

What also can't really be seen in the pics is the front chainguard mounting point was seriously bowed, outward. This means the whole hugger needs to shift to the left about .300". The only way to achieve that is to cut the furthest most transition from the right side, to the clip, out. Hence no more structural intrgrety, at the clip. Not to mention the radius of the bow of the swingarm wouldn't match, keeping the hugger pushed back more toward the tire. (Even though there's plenty of clearance). Which leads to the deduction of cutting the whole bottom of the clip area off, drilling holes in the hugger, and zip-tie-ing it. (Not the lack of stability that I would want on my bike, nor did Larry).

Archived