Genmar Risers

Guest 90RedVFR750

Question

Guest 90RedVFR750

I want to get the genmar risers soon because on my hands/wrists going numb quick. I probably get uncomfortable after 45 min or so. I'm 5'9" 140 and ride a 1990 750. I was just wondering what your experiences were. Thanks

Mike

3 answers to this question

Guest vfrrider

I have a set from my 93 I removed to go USD forks.

If interested, I liked them sufficiently for several years.

If you would like them, PM me and we'll take care of it.

Larry

VFRrider

I'm just over 6 foot, and had the standard bars on my '90, and found them quite comfortable.

Are you sure your numb hands/wrists aren't due to holding the 'bars too tight and/or leaning on the bars? If this is the case, even putting different bars, risers, grips etc on won't fix things.

I had GenMars on my VTR1000, but that was a completely different kettle of frogs - it had low bars set too far forward and angled wrong. This wasn't rectified until 2001, IIRC. The GenMars made a significant difference - they riase the bars 19mm, and there's enough slop available between the locating pins of the bars and GenMars that there is a degree or so of fore/aft adjustment of angle possible. :thumbsup:

Gen Mars on my 98 helped some, and as it turned it enough, once i got used to it.

Although at first I was wondering if the 1" or whatever rise would be sufficient. FWIW. B)

Archived