Gps Wiring

Guest vfrbob

Question

I need help wiring a Zumo 450 on my 2001 VFR. I'm electrically challenged, so it has to be simple. The GPS is the only devise I'm using, so I don't need a fuse block and relay, I just need to know what hot wire and ground to splice in the power cord.

I've read some posts about using the licence plate light wire, is this ok?

Thanks

Bob

18 answers to this question

Here is a pic of a good wire to use on the 5th gen. It is the wires that go to the tail end and easy to find under the rear seat latch area.

wireunderseat.jpg

Thanks Is that the brown wire to the licence plate light? The green would be the ground?

• Member Contributer

I finally have just been running mine straight off the battery and have had no problems............... :rolleyes:

• Member Contributer
Lots of pictures of wiring in my Tales of Zumo thread.

Bonus has covered every aspect of the zumo. He was my inspiration to buy one.

Same here............ :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

You owe me ............now can/will you give me some communication tips so I can talk to my wife. I need another tour!!! :rolleyes: :goofy:

• Member Contributer

You owe me ............now can/will you give me some communication tips so I can talk to my wife. I need another tour!!! :rolleyes: :goofy:

Will see what I can do................... :P

• Member Contributer
Hey bonus. Are you safe from the fires. My family is evacuated at the moment

I am packed up but holding on. I am just West of Otay Lakes. Fire is heading our way ...........of course. Second time in four years for this crap.

No bragging about San Diego today. :rolleyes:

Came back yesterday from Riverside thru the Santa Ana on my VFR. Maybe better in the wind than the Wing????????? No fun though!

Should I take the Wing or the VFR ..........that is the question????????????????? Maybe I should load up my Kendon and take both?????????

Shot from my house in 2003 fire. When the fire goes over the top I start final preps!!!!!!!!!!!

2348498710099738507S600x600Q85.jpg

• Member Contributer

I am packed up but holding on. I am just West of Otay Lakes. Fire is heading our way ...........of course. Second time in four years for this crap.

Came back yesterday from Riverside thru the Santa Ana on my VFR. Maybe better in the wind than the Wing????????? No fun though!

Should I take the Wing or the VFR ..........that is the question????????????????? Maybe I should load up my Kendon and take both?????????

Shot from my house in 2003 fire. When the fire goes over the top I start final preps!!!!!!!!!!!

Your in the east lake area? I went to south western collage before i picked a major. Grew up in and around Bonita in the 80's. My Fam live in Ramona and was told to leave yesterday.

• Member Contributer

Nice pic of MT Miguel

• Member Contributer
Here is a pic of a good wire to use on the 5th gen. It is the wires that go to the tail end and easy to find under the rear seat latch area.

wireunderseat.jpg

Thanks Is that the brown wire to the licence plate light? The green would be the ground?

Yes and yes.

• Member Contributer

Nice pic of MT Miguel

I think it is going to be black in the next couple of days. Yea from East Lake.

Thanks everyone for all your help.

Now all I have to do is learn to use it. Ride out somewhere, get lost and find my way home.

Wishing you good luck Bonus. Several fire fighting crews from the bay area are headed down that wat to help.

Bob

Archived