What Is A Vfr?

stic3

• Member Contributer

According to the the keepers of the everchanging street slang dialect, The Urban Dictionary.

A VFR is

One of the best motorcycles ever made, manufactured by Honda. Winner of multiple bike-of-the-year awards from various magazines since its introduction in the mid-80s. Characterized by its V-4 engine and single-sided swingarm (one of the first on a production motorcycle and the inspiration for the Ducati 916).

"You've got a VFR? Man, I've always wanted one of those! Someday I'll sell my buzzy, I-4 torture rack and get one..."

V.F.R. or VFR

V-Four-Racing

The VFR line was initiated in 1986 by the Honda Corporation, and has seen almost 35 variations since that time.

It has its' characteristic v-four 90degree engine; capturing both the low-end torque of the v-twin class, and the high-end power of the inline-four. Its' engine displacements have ranged from 400cc to 800cc, with the current incarnation settling at 800cc displacement (781cc real).

Through out its production it has captured the hearts and minds of experienced riders; dropping and picking up the title "Interceptor" as time has passed so many times that the name is synonymous with VFR.

Though originally coined as a race bike, it now tends to be termed an old-mans sport bike. However by creating a bike with power, handling, and comfort in mind Honda has proved to live up to it's reputation as more than a vehicle company. Honda is an engineering company, and the VFR is no bike to be scoffed at.

A Viffer is

What punks call the best all-purpose bike ever made. Likely because the brevity of the acronym V.F.R. doesn't seem stylish enough to keep up with the tingly feeling this profound machine leaves within their inexperienced loins.

Note: These are the same squids that refer to their girlfriends as bitches, and drink urine flavored beer.

"Dude... my viffer rocks, cuz my bitch likes to ride on back in her miniskirt. Hey you wana go get some urine flavored beer?"

Guest 99vfr800

well they need better info that what they are giving. the vfr has had dissplacement from 250cc up 1000cc though the 250 is better known as a vtr. the bike was introduced in 1982 when the ama desided that all motorcycles that compete must be of production based models. only a small amounnt of vfrs were produced that year, im not sure of the number but i heard it was the minimum amount to meet "production" status. the official public release was in 1983. it was also the first production street bike that came with a mono shock in the rear.

• Member Contributer

Haha, the first one is what I put in when I couldn't find anything on urbandictionary about a VFR. Didn't see the V.F.R entry when I did my search. Hope it's accurate enough for you experts... ;-)

A VFR is

One of the best motorcycles ever made, manufactured by Honda. Winner of multiple bike-of-the-year awards from various magazines since its introduction in the mid-80s. Characterized by its V-4 engine and single-sided swingarm (one of the first on a production motorcycle and the inspiration for the Ducati 916).

"You've got a VFR? Man, I've always wanted one of those! Someday I'll sell my buzzy, I-4 torture rack and get one..."

• Member Contributer
well they need better info that what they are giving. the vfr has had dissplacement from 250cc up 1000cc though the 250 is better known as a vtr. the bike was introduced in 1982 when the ama desided that all motorcycles that compete must be of production based models. only a small amounnt of vfrs were produced that year, im not sure of the number but i heard it was the minimum amount to meet "production" status. the official public release was in 1983. it was also the first production street bike that came with a mono shock in the rear.

Is not the VTR V-Twin?

Archived