Tire Weights

vfrbart

I plan on changing my first set of tires this week......finally, Can someone suggest a place to get stick on tire weights

for a fair price and fast delivery time ?

Thanks

Bart

You can get lead stick on weights from a model or hobby shop. They are 1/4 oz sectioned and are the same as car or motorcycle wheel weights. They use them on all kinds of different uses. Wood race cars, Model or electric trains etc. Just in case you have a local hobby shop close by.

I get my weights, valves stems, etc. from www.Patchboy.com

Weights are somewhat large quantities though, so if this is the only set of tires you plan to change in your life, better look somewhere else.

• Member Contributer

I am trying the Ceramic beads that magellan sells. I ounce for the front 2 for the rear. So far the front has shown no sign of cupping which is unusual for my tires. but of course I am glad to see that they work so well.

I've actually gone into a good year shop a couple of times and bought just a stick of weights from him... he normally charges me a $1 per stick, and that has around 2oz on it in 1/4 oz segments.

Thanks to WERA803 though, I now have purchased a whole box of tape weights... I may never use them all! :idea3: Although, the Tuono needs yet another rear... the third rear I'll have had on it since I got it... ouch.

Thanks to WERA803 though, I now have purchased a whole box of tape weights... I may never use them all! :goofy: Although, the Tuono needs yet another rear... the third rear I'll have had on it since I got it... ouch.

I just had to order another box. Used up the first one in less than a years time. This time I ordered the bigger 14 lb box. Should last me for a while. Of course I've probably changed over 50 tires in the past year as well. :idea3:

Archived