Johnnys 6th Gen Hid Install

Guest Johnny Diablo

Guest Johnny Diablo

Please excuse the mess and the size of pictures. I will resize the source pictures when I get home. These lights are fantabulous!

I ordered from ebay at $120 using this seller: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/H4-9003-Hi-...1QQcmdZViewItem

I requested H4 and 6000k. I was expecting a box like what was in the auction but this is what came.hid1.jpg

I was hoping for shields but as you can see no shields. After comparing them to regular H4s I can see how the light pattern would be different.

hid3.jpg

Here is a picture of one halogen and one HID.

hid5.jpg

Here are the places I zip tied the ballasts.

hid6.jpg

and hid8.jpg

Lastly here is a picture of the connectors. I lifted them up and over to the left to sit with the harness over the bracket later on. No fuse change out required. I didnt run a relay as I was short on time. This install was super easy except for where to strap the ballasts.

hid7.jpg

I rode around later that night and on my commute to work in the early morning. No one flashed me about being too bright. It lights up road signs on my side like if high beams were on. It doesnt glare into rearview mirrors of the cars infront of me. It illuminates almost twice as far now. I know there is a broken link for picture 8 I will fix it when I get home later.

• Member Contributer

You guys are just going to keep posting all these cool mods until I do them all. So be it.....

• 1 month later...
Guest Johnny Diablo

These lights have been working great for the most part. Occasionally I had a failure to light sometimes that would clear up if I just restarted the bike.

Today I have one light out. I can see it ignite but fails to light. I hope its not my harness. Someone want to link the vtec harness fix?

Anyhow I will troubleshoot this later on today and find out if its the lights or the bike.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Johnny Diablo
Any update on this mod?

I did some troubleshooting and isolated the issue down to one light that went bad. The ballast on both sides works. I contacted this seller since the bulb blew at less than 60 days old. Its been over 3 weeks so one last message to them then "HID4u" I will just have to warn you all not to use this ebay seller and buy another bulb from someone else.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Irvineguy

I got the HID kit from this seller "mcmotoring" for only $78 shipped. I haven't installed them yet but the quality look good. Just toss it out here if anyone is interested.

PS. I'm waiting for Johnny's pictures installation procedures :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AzizaVFR

The 6000K rated bulbs will produce a very blue light compared to halogen. It can sometimes mess with your eyes at night. If you have a choice, order a set with bulbs rated at 4300K or very close to that number. They will produce a light spectrum closer to natural sunlight.

• 1 month later...
Guest SteveG
I got the HID kit from this seller "mcmotoring" for only $78 shipped. I haven't installed them yet but the quality look good. Just toss it out here if anyone is interested.

PS. I'm waiting for Johnny's pictures installation procedures :thumbsup:

Geez,,, at that price it makes no sense to buy halogens. Thanks for the info on mcmotoring.

• 4 months later...
Guest Johnny Diablo

Sorry for the picture downtime folks. I migrated servers and forgot to move that domain.

I lost one bulb about 2 months after getting the kit. I emailed the vendor. For $20 deposit they will send you another as an advance replacement. I was too busy to send back the broken one. About two months ago the other bulb was giving signs that it may go out. Could be the harness since it hasnt failed yet.

Over all I am satisfied with the price and product. I would do it all over again in a hearbeat.

Guest Jbhayman

I tried Predator Parts Slim Ballast HID kit and so far it is Great

JBhayman

Sorry for the picture downtime folks. I migrated servers and forgot to move that domain.

I lost one bulb about 2 months after getting the kit. I emailed the vendor. For $20 deposit they will send you another as an advance replacement. I was too busy to send back the broken one. About two months ago the other bulb was giving signs that it may go out. Could be the harness since it hasnt failed yet.

Over all I am satisfied with the price and product. I would do it all over again in a hearbeat.

• Member Contributer

I like it. I went on a ride once with a guy on a CBR with the same setup. His lights were really powerful but not, in my opinion, too much. I don't think anybody in oncoming traffic could miss him (which, I think, is the whole point.) They looked good.