Newly Installed Leo Vince Cf System On 6th Gen.

Guest HondaGuy86

Guest HondaGuy86

I just installed the Leo Vince carbon fiber slip-ons on the VFR 2 days ago but its been raining so today has been the first day I got to ride around with them. MAN WHAT A DIFFERENCE IN SOUND IT HAS MADE!! :thumbsup: It went from the nice quiet bike that I couldnt even hear running while riding... to now the perfect roar to the bike while not being too loud even with the baffles removed. Havent really noticed performance difference except maybe the engine seems like it can breath easier/rev up a little quicker but I was not on it much either today. Looking forward to adding the PC III to smooth out the bike even more and drop a tooth to 15t in the front for some more :beer: action!!

I am super happy with the money well spent on the exhaust even though all of them for this bike are rather pricey. I liked the shine of the stock exhaust but this looks great on the bike with all the red/black goin on.

gallery_11006_3049_386232.jpg

New exhaust - side view

gallery_11006_3049_249.jpg

new exhaust rear view

gallery_11006_3049_124966.jpg

On the bike after just putting exhaust on No you wont ever see me riding like this. No less than jeans and full gear do I ride.

I don't know who that squid is in the picture above but someone needs to tell him to put some gear on before taking off down the road. :goofy:

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Member Contributer

Congrats on the exhaust......the ones I've heard sound great....now about those Pilot Powers............ :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Def-e-nition

mmmm. Dont do this to us man .

Tell me , whats that I can see between the headlights ? Is that a custom piece one can buy for a Viffer ? Looks like some sort of an intake" sp2 style methinks ??

Im thinking about gutting the zorst , and you go and fit Leo Vince ..................F#$%#$%^#$ .

mmmm. Dont do this to us man .

Tell me , whats that I can see between the headlights ? Is that a custom piece one can buy for a Viffer ? Looks like some sort of an intake" sp2 style methinks ??

Im thinking about gutting the zorst , and you go and fit Leo Vince ..................F#$%#$%^#$ .

That would be the "bug-buster"....PM Rivcyko for one

Guest Def-e-nition

HOndaGuy , What Model Leo are those ?

I just found a bike locally with a set On an SV 1000 , and they sound AMAZING . I shudder to think what a v4 would sound like with the doors wide open .

The Vince site does not seem to have a search engine so I can choose VFR , and then see the specific models .

I am Having Second thoughts now about gutting ,as a dyno run On a different bike saw mil hp loss that I was not anticipating would happen . Confusng. I would imagine TORQUE loss , but Hp Loss no . I'm thinkin then well Go for the vInce instead os pussy-footing and drilling holes . The holes seemed like such a good alternative/In the meantime situation , until the guys told me about their gut hp Loss . Crap.

HOndaGuy , What Model Leo are those ?

I just found a bike locally with a set On an SV 1000 , and they sound AMAZING . I shudder to think what a v4 would sound like with the doors wide open .

The Vince site does not seem to have a search engine so I can choose VFR , and then see the specific models .

I am Having Second thoughts now about gutting ,as a dyno run On a different bike saw mil hp loss that I was not anticipating would happen . Confusng. I would imagine TORQUE loss , but Hp Loss no . I'm thinkin then well Go for the vInce instead os pussy-footing and drilling holes . The holes seemed like such a good alternative/In the meantime situation , until the guys told me about their gut hp Loss . Crap.

These are the Leo Vince Carbon Fiber slip-ons. Total investment for me was $655 shipped to my door from 10 Bomb Motorsports out in Cali.

Guest Def-e-nition

ta. Got it . I Found th eModel Codes for both ally , Carbon , and titanium slip-ons .

I have had a chat to a local guy , and I think Im going to Luck it a bit . we seem to Know a supplier very well , that I didn't know would give us a virtually Cost deal on a set of slip-ons . Even the Ally ones will work just fine for me . I heard them on that Sv i told you about .

DAMN .That v4 deserves to be singing just like that v twin . I find it gives the bike so much more character . As one of teh guys also Puts it : the seat of the Pantsometer also goes well into the red when a visually appealing bike also gets an Aural Appeal As well ........

After seeing these Pipes now I am Seriously having second thoughts gutting the stockers . i know it should make a difference , but Im not too sure that gutting is the surest way to release extra power , and from past experience with Quads it serves as an example to me that opening up or changing to an after-market slip on does release more power .

Now to get my hands on a set . One other question : did you alter Much on your suspension settings ? I have softened up the front by half a turn on the preload, to 2 and a 1/2 Lines showing , for sheer comfort factor , and added one click on the rear , as I weigh approx 92 kg , and I thought it could do with a bit more spring . you cannot set up my bike for me , but if you have made changes , I'd like to gauge whether Im going in ANY direction . trial and error .

• Member Contributer

Bug buster, as mentioned. All the cool people have one. :warranty:

Bug buster, as mentioned. All the cool people have one. :warranty:

I know what you are referring to, I have see them from Rivcyko and they do look good on the bikes! I however do not have one on mine unless a previous owner put one on it, but I think it is the angle being deceptive cuz it appears to be stock to me.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Def-e-nition

86 , you SHCMUCK . I was going to gut , then i Saw this , then I bumped into a guy who has a set on , then I had a good month at Work , Then i ordered a Set of Leo Vince pipes , then I was broke for the rest of the Month . Shame on you for doing this to someone who couldn't afford the Cf or Titanium ones .

For your contribution , I request immediately that you explain to me if fitting them at home is a major , or If I should ask the local shoppe boys to get it sorted . I'm flat broke . Again . Groan ......

• Member Contributer
86 , you SHCMUCK . I was going to gut , then i Saw this , then I bumped into a guy who has a set on , then I had a good month at Work , Then i ordered a Set of Leo Vince pipes , then I was broke for the rest of the Month . Shame on you for doing this to someone who couldn't afford the Cf or Titanium ones .

For your contribution , I request immediately that you explain to me if fitting them at home is a major , or If I should ask the local shoppe boys to get it sorted . I'm flat broke . Again . Groan ......

as easy as it gets.

Take your time to line them up properly. The biggest issue I can think of is removing the old one: the 2 12mm bolts for the bottom collar tend to rust and will must likely brake. But since you're not putting it back on, then who cares!

Guest Def-e-nition

By Bottom Collar , Im assuming then you mean the collar on the Exhaust , umm, One of the Clamps holding the U bend , if there are any ????I should have gone to chaeck before replying to the post . My bad .

As Long as it's not Rocket science , then I'm prett home-free .

Last weekend I was at the dealer, taking a close look at a couple of '06 VFRs they have on the floor, and a guy was outside taking delivery of a KTM Superduke, of which he had modified with a nice Leo Vince system.

The sound was nasty............

Yea I did it at home with no problem at all!! And let me just tell you how extremely limited my tool selection is and how much I hate working on my 3 bikes at the house cuz I MOST of the time I run into a "lack of tool" issue during working on something.

Nope not the exhaust though, piece of cake. I got some anti-seize for all the joints as someone suggested on here so that if I sell the bike it is easy to take them back off without them being glued together at the joints. Also make sure you put locktight on the heatshield bolts. I read on here a member with the leo vince exhaust arrived at home after a ride and discovered one missing.

Good luck and POST UP SOME PICS!! ... Most of all enjoy the new "pee in your pants" sensation when riding and hearing your bike sound like ONE MEAN MACHINE. :goofy:

Yea I did it at home with no problem at all!! And let me just tell you how extremely limited my tool selection is and how much I hate working on my 3 bikes at the house cuz I MOST of the time I run into a "lack of tool" issue during working on something.

Nope not the exhaust though, piece of cake. I got some anti-seize for all the joints as someone suggested on here so that if I sell the bike it is easy to take them back off without them being glued together at the joints. Also make sure you put locktight on the heatshield bolts. I read on here a member with the leo vince exhaust arrived at home after a ride and discovered one missing.

Good luck and POST UP SOME PICS!! ... Most of all enjoy the new "pee in your pants" sensation when riding and hearing your bike sound like ONE MEAN MACHINE. :goofy:

Id like to hear it before i decide on what exhaust i put on my 2003 arrest me red viffer. BTW K-town VFR rider aswell :P I would alos inquire what tank bra that is? Second look? or? Shoot me a Pm HondaGuy86 anytime you want to ride around K-town.

Good luck and POST UP SOME PICS!! ... Most of all enjoy the new "pee in your pants" sensation when riding and hearing your bike sound like ONE MEAN MACHINE. :warranty:

Id like to hear it before i decide on what exhaust i put on my 2003 arrest me red viffer. BTW K-town VFR rider aswell :P I would alos inquire what tank bra that is? Second look? or? Shoot me a Pm HondaGuy86 anytime you want to ride around K-town.

Lockhart Phillips. As to where to get them I'm not sure, fortunately mine was on the bike when I purchased it used. It does a magnificent job of protecting the tank and it looks good with the whole red/black scheme as well.

Im back and forth between Knox and Nash for school but I will definitely send ya a PM sometime and we will go riding, I got another guy that I know here in Ktown that has a silver 6th gen to ride with us.

Id like to hear it before i decide on what exhaust i put on my 2003 arrest me red viffer. BTW K-town VFR rider aswell :P I would also inquire what tank bra that is? Second look? or? Shoot me a Pm HondaGuy86 anytime you want to ride around K-town.

Lockhart Phillips. As to where to get them I'm not sure, fortunately mine was on the bike when I purchased it used. It does a magnificent job of protecting the tank and it looks good with the whole red/black scheme as well.

Im back and forth between Knox and Nash for school but I will definitely send ya a PM sometime and we will go riding, I got another guy that I know here in Ktown that has a silver 6th gen to ride with us.

Yeah anytime you want bro. I have to hear that bike in person before i decide to spend 600+ on a exhaust. I did hear a DnD locally at cycle gear. Gag sounded like a harley on roids :warranty:

Yeah lockhart was my other guess next lol It does make the bike look better IMO. The second look one color matched just doesnt break the red up enough for my taste. I would really like to hear your bike soon before i purchase my exhaust upgrades. Take care all!

Well i heard it live just a bit ago and all i can say is WoW. Its not too loud very deep tone and not annoying at all. Sounded better than i expected tbh. Ty For meeting me Hondaguy much appreciated.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Def-e-nition

Good luck and POST UP SOME PICS!! ... Most of all enjoy the new "pee in your pants" sensation when riding and hearing your bike sound like ONE MEAN MACHINE. :beer:

Hondaguy , They will only be on By tomorrow .

My apologies for taking so long , but I was bright enough to break my ankle - which means that EVEN though the Pipes are on - I STILL can't fully appreciatte them .....

Pics will folllow as soon As I'm done . Bit sad to see the stockers go , but I reckon that new

"noise" is going to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up .....

Gimme a quick rundown on the Heat-shiled bolts - are you tslking about the one on the right side shield , Or do the stock heat shields bolt onto the Vinces?

The chick from the Bike shop , who usually rides a gixxer 600 , came and fetched the bike (I just dont have the time to take off from work to get it to them ) . I asked her what she thought , and she almost passed out complimeting the Vfr's handling , cornering , ride-position . Used to only super-bikes , this must have come as a major treat for her . Monday Night I hope to have the bike back , they want to surprise me , as soon as it's done Ill take some pics for you .

Sadly though honda guy , I did not take the CF 's - pure cost alone limited me doing anything like that .

Still - Vince is Vince , and I just hope they put as big a smile on my face as yours did for you .

Good luck and POST UP SOME PICS!! ... Most of all enjoy the new "pee in your pants" sensation when riding and hearing your bike sound like ONE MEAN MACHINE. :mellow:

Hondaguy , They will only be on By tomorrow .

My apologies for taking so long , but I was bright enough to break my ankle - which means that EVEN though the Pipes are on - I STILL can't fully appreciatte them .....

Pics will folllow as soon As I'm done . Bit sad to see the stockers go , but I reckon that new

"noise" is going to make the hair on the back of my neck stand up .....

Gimme a quick rundown on the Heat-shiled bolts - are you tslking about the one on the right side shield , Or do the stock heat shields bolt onto the Vinces?

The chick from the Bike shop , who usually rides a gixxer 600 , came and fetched the bike (I just dont have the time to take off from work to get it to them ) . I asked her what she thought , and she almost passed out complimeting the Vfr's handling , cornering , ride-position . Used to only super-bikes , this must have come as a major treat for her . Monday Night I hope to have the bike back , they want to surprise me , as soon as it's done Ill take some pics for you .

Sadly though honda guy , I did not take the CF 's - pure cost alone limited me doing anything like that .

Still - Vince is Vince , and I just hope they put as big a smile on my face as yours did for you .

Will look forward to seeing the pics, I'm assuming you got the Aluminum ones and your right they still are LV so the sound factor is still there plus the silver cans will match your rims and give the bike the whole "Black & Silver" look. The LV cans come with a heat shield, the Honda OEM chrome one will not go on there. Put some blue locktight on the 2 bolts that hold that little oval heat shield onto the mid pipe so it wont grow legs and "walk away" a few months down the road.

Hope you enjoy the exhaust as much as I am enjoying mine, will be waiting on some pics! :thumbsup:

• Member Contributer

Those look great. I was trying to decide on those or the staintunes for my 02. I was leaning towards the Leos CF because I thought the black and red would look great. Thanks for the pics. I'll be getting those for sure. I know they sound great. Did you have to take the baffles out yourself? Someone said they ordered their Leos w/out the baffles.

Those look great. I was trying to decide on those or the staintunes for my 02. I was leaning towards the Leos CF because I thought the black and red would look great. Thanks for the pics. I'll be getting those for sure. I know they sound great. Did you have to take the baffles out yourself? Someone said they ordered their Leos w/out the baffles.

Yeah I did have to take the baffles out of mine, some places will ship them w/o baffles (Leo CF non-EVOII). I can give you the guys email that I got mine from. His price was 50 bucks below anywhere I found online.

The screws in the baffles are one way screws which to me is a stupid design so you have to use vice grip pliers to get those bad boys outta there since a screw driver cant be used.

Archived