Photos Of Honda Oem 6th Gen Sport Touring Trunk

Sublo

Anybody have the OEM trunk and hard bags for a 6th gen? Can you please post pictures? Reviews? I searched but alas, not much to be found.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

Anybody have the OEM trunk and hard bags for a 6th gen? Can you please post pictures? Reviews? I searched but alas, not much to be found.

Thanks!

:thumbsup:

Here are some pics:

th_P7050392c.jpg tn_gallery_4208_389_237992.jpg tn_gallery_4208_389_320413.jpg

Each saddlebag will hold a regular-sized full face helmet. I have a Nolan N102 modular helmet and it won't fit into the saddle bags, but my Icon Mainframe helmet will without a problem. The top-box will hold two regular-sized full face helmets.

Both the top-box and saddlebags are waterproof. I've never had a problem with any of them leaking while riding in heavy rain. The top-box also doubles as a back rest for your passenger too. The saddlebags should come with an extra cylinder lock that you can use for the top-box. This way all three bags will use the same key.

There are some fitment issues with the saddlebags and aftermarket exhaust systems. I know the Leo Vince cans will fit inside the mounting brackets, but I don't know about other systems. You'll have to ask around to find out. The saddlebags also work remarkable well as frame sliders too. :goofy:

You best price for the saddlebags and top-box will probably be with David Silver Spares in the UK. But by far, you're cheapest option would be go with a set of aftermarket bags from Givi. Givi is the same company that makes the OEM Hondaline bags.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!

How's the bike balance with these things fully loaded? Two-up and loaded?

Yep. I know about the expense but I like the OEM look best.

Awesome! Thanks for the quick response!

How's the bike balance with these things fully loaded? Two-up and loaded?

Yep. I know about the expense but I like the OEM look best.

Fully loaded, it's not too bad. You can definitely tell there's some weight back there. The front wheel is also quite a bit lighter. :goofy: I believe the total weight of the bags plus mounting hardware is around 70 lbs (at least that's what was printed on the package when David Silver Spares shipped them to me in a giant box). The bike definitely feel a bit more top-heavy, but it shouldn't be an issue.

Fully loaded and riding two-up, the handling is way different. This is where you can tell that Honda blew it big time by cheaping out on the VFR suspension. Riding semi-aggresively in the twisties, I found the front end pushes when you're in corners. You'll also scrap pegs quicker too since you've lost a good amount of ground clearance due to the extra weight.

• Member Contributer
damn - nice trunk bracket!!! Where'd you get that? :goofy:

Amazing what some folks can do with a hacksaw and file................. :thumbsup:

Archived